Help Determining sex (with picture)

rebex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!!
We're jus wondering if you could help us determine the sex of our kitties.

I have a picture here of one of them ( i think its a girl, but i want to be sure) sorry we're not holding her the right way, we jus want to be absolutely sure of thier sex!
there is one other that looks like this one, and the last is differnet from the other two. I only have a pic of this one... I hope its clear enough for you to tell!!
(daddy thinks hes sure so he wont take anymore pics
)

thanks alot guys!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too hard for me to tell from this pic with the coloring, I'd need a close up of under the tail area.

Really cute furbaby, though!!!

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you look at the kitten from behind (i.e it standing up, tail up), does that area look like an exclamation point (if it does it's a girl), if it looks more like a colon : (with bigger gap between two dots) then it's a boy.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't know if it's just me but don't that look a little bit out to be a female look's more like a male but coldn't say for sure not by a picture

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jaclyn4238

i was going to say boy!
Me too! Then I read down and everyone was saying girl. Bagheera looked just like that at that age from that angle. By the time hewas nuetered it was a little bit more noticable but not much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

rebex

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oh my goodness!! thanks for all your responses!!

It looks like a girl to me as well, but like I say, I've been wrong before.
I'll try and get some better pictures for you guys this weekend!!
then we can get to the bottom of this!!!

thanks!!!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say girl! Poor little thing does not look pleased to have her photo taken like that (and who can blame her!)

trixtersmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

I would say girl! Poor little thing does not look pleased to have her photo taken like that (and who can blame her!)
lol.

I am not sure, but I thought it looked like a boy. And oh my word, what a beautiful baby!!!!

thehouseofgods

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
when comparing a male and female i would say its pretty easy to tell the difference...and since i have two very clenly ladies roaming my house i would sau that you have a little boy on your hands... lol hands down

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well 1/2 of us will be right

I was fooled once cause I had nothing to compare. My last rex kitten (white) I thought was a male; when I took him to the vet's for 1st kitten shots, he turned into a female! Was gonna keep him if he was a boy but a friend who had one of my other kittens wanted another female - so she got her.

So even experienced breeders are fooled at times

BTW a friend of mine who's dog had pups claimed the litter had 4 males and 5 females - then came in a few days latter to tell me 5 males and 4 females! I kidded her like crazy............a dog is pretty OBVIOUS as to males and females! Not so with cats sometimes

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am the first one to admit that I may be wrong ... out of my June 7th litter, I thought I had 3 boys and 1 girl ... turns out I had 2 boys and 2 girls. LOL But it looked like a girl (from that picture) to me.