Plz help... sick kitty

molleywolls

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Molley is an 11yo Russian Blue who is not feeling good.
She has not eaten since the night before last. She acts like she wants to eat but cant!?!
Also she has a very sore front left leg. I took her to "a Vet" (not her usual one), late yesterday afternoon. They examined her, took her temp (was normal), and wanted her back today for blood work and xray. I have decided to take her to another Holistic Vet in the area (hers is off until tomorrow!!!) to get her blood work done and the xray. My concern at this point (with not waiting for her to see 'her' Vet, tomoorow), is the fact that she wont/cant eat.
Please help me with any advice... Am I doing the right thing here?
Poor kitty, I hate to load her up in the car for the third time!
Thanks.

landwish

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Why did they want to wait a day to do bloodwork and take xrays???

You could try to give her some pedialyte by mouth through a syringe or eyedropper to at least keep her hydrated, but she really needs to get back to a vet for diagnostics soon.

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried finger-feeding her a little canned food or human baby food (meat variety with no garlic or onions)? You can call the vet and ask about appetite stimulants. If that doesn't work, you may need to syringe feed her. Not eating can be very serious all by itself, so please call them or try to get food into her right away.

trixtersmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree. Please get her to eat something, even if you have to syringe feed. When my Trixter has not wanted to eat in the past, I found that feeding him off of my fingers works. Even if she only eats a little at a time, at least it's something. She needs to eat to avoid other potential problems. Sending hugs and prayers. I hope she feels better soon!

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TrixtersMomma

I agree. Please get her to eat something, even if you have to syringe feed. When my Trixter has not wanted to eat in the past, I found that feeding him off of my fingers works. Even if she only eats a little at a time, at least it's something. She needs to eat to avoid other potential problems. Sending hugs and prayers. I hope she feels better soon!
Hi, Bobbi! I am Bobbie, too.

I agree with the others about getting your kitty to eat!
PLEASE let us know how Molly is. I am praying for her and for you.