Can I vent???

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I had my 2 little stray kitties a home. And when I got there she looked at them,, but then emailed me today and said my kitties were too big..

Granted Alex is a bigger boy,, he likes 3 1/2 lbs now, and about a foot long.. He's a growing boy.. But Kella is still only like 6 or 7 inches long, and she only ways 2 lbs (at most).. Kella was maybe only a tad bigger then her baby was..

I just am irratated and upset.. Because I want these babies to find a new home.. But I think i've exhausted all my options.... and then to top it off, my husband had a pair of shorts in their bedroom (I don't know why). and they had peed on them,, so he's even more on a rampage to get them gone...
I'm just upset... I don't think i'll ever find them a home...

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gee whiz, what do those people want?!? Kittens that aren't weaned yet? How tiny are they supposed to be?!

I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time, but obviously, that wouldn't have been the right home for them!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's probably right...

Baby's just grow at different rates.. I don't know it's like a luck of the drawl.. I really really thougth they would have had a home..

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry! I know how disappointing that must be.
Don't give up!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is a disappointment, but those kittens have dodged a bullet
I feel pity for any kittens that the adopter might get ahold of - is the situation going to be temporary till they, too, get "too big"?
I met a foster- mom outside a PetCo in Orange County early this year; the woman was sobbing because she had come to pick up a foster that was being returned because "he wasn't a kitten any longer" - the adoptive woman and her daughters surrendered the cat because they wanted only kittens, but that maybe they would get a puppy instead since puppies take longer to grow
IMO, that opinion is so incredibly selfish and WEIRD - people like that need plush animals, not real ones

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In a separate post, with only positive thoughts, I am sending {{{homing prayers and vibes}}} that you place Alex and Kella soon. It's so tough being the caretaker for those precious babies and then dealing with a husband who has grown tired of the deal
I am also praying that your husband find compassion in his heart for Alex and Kella, and that he appreciates how smart he was to select such a good-hearted lady for his wife

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

In a separate post, with only positive thoughts, I am sending {{{homing prayers and vibes}}} that you place Alex and Kella soon. It's so tough being the caretaker for those precious babies and then dealing with a husband who has grown tired of the deal
I am also praying that your husband find compassion in his heart for Alex and Kella, and that he appreciates how smart he was to select such a good-hearted lady for his wife
Your sooo sweet!!! Thank you so much...

I just wish people would be more compasionate, and understanding.... I hope to find these babies a home.. Last night Kella was laying on me, all night,, until Angel came up and then she went and hide. I think I could keep these two if I could get Angel to adapt to them.. She keeps chasing them and swatting and hissing at them.. I know she is the Alpha cat,, but she's taking it to the extreme.... I'm soo frustrated..

Heather

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That makes me waver between sad and angry. Babies grow up, they don't stay babies forever, and nor should they. I am glad your strays didn't go to them, they'd have probably been out on the street when they became adults. Some people make me sick.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

That makes me waver between sad and angry. Babies grow up, they don't stay babies forever, and nor should they. I am glad your strays didn't go to them, they'd have probably been out on the street when they became adults. Some people make me sick.
OHHH i so know.. I don't know if it was her fear that because they were a tad bit bigger they'd hurt her small cat or not.. I'm not sure.. Either way,, it's just one of those things... Just veryy frustrating.... verry...

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What annoys me are these "people" who want teeny kittens are the ones who complain when they pee in the wrong place and run around knocking things over. I mean you wanted a kitten right?!!! They are young like human toddlers they get into everything! Can't deal with get an adult.

Besides puppies are MUCH more work!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any updates on Alex and Kella?? If only Angel could somehow realize that she will always be the "Supreme Cat" in the hierarchy So many cats, so few homes
Far too often, I hear the excuse "I don't have time; the cat would be lonely" from wonderful, potential owners - so, (I think to myself) living in a small cage in a shelter until the time to go to the final Exit is better

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I remember when I got Pippin and I was dissapointed that he wasn't as teeny as I thought he'd be... but my heart broke and the size of him no longer mattered when I saw the condition he was living in... a small caravan with no human interaction except a child who I'm assuming didn't know how to handle a kitten because he was terrified of humans! He'd pee on the floor the second anyone went near him! I just couldn't wait to get him out of there! But I had to catch him first!!!!!!!! At the time I didn't know any better because Pip is my first ever cat but looking back now, I'm so angry at the lady I got him from!

Don't get me wrong, we didn't have a very smooth introduction as we had to adjust, just as much as he did by having him in our home. We had oopsy daisy mistakes, litterbox toubles, crying, biting, hissing, hiding, hating humans.... god I think we had a little devil but after a lot of patience, especially from me, he's turned out to be a wonderful little sweetheart with a heart of gold and a face from heaven even when he's in his little devil mode which occasionally pops up to remind us of the way things were! But i wouldn't swop him for the world!

I don't have alot of anything except love and complete adoration for my little one. I couldn't imagine life without him now!

i don't understand how some people dont expect a little kitten to grow?

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand why people like kittens so much more than cats! I mean, they're untrained little hooligans, they get into everything!--Sure, they're cute; and if you get a kitten you've got a better chance of training it, and you'll automatically bond with it... But grown cats are so much more steady and personable! Ever tried to get a kitten to sit next to you while you read? Either the kit's up and making mischief, or it's so deeply asleep that it doesn't even notice you're petting it...

Silly, cute little munchkins--they're adorable, but boy am I glad they grow up!