TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › T.O. Suicide Attempt- Publicity stunt?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

T.O. Suicide Attempt- Publicity stunt?

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
Has anyone paid attention to this story as it unfolded today?
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/t...?storyid=65743

News broke this morning that Terrell Owens was hospitalized due to an allergic reaction from his pain medications. I made a comment at work that it seemed strange because his finger has been injured for a little while now so he has probably been on the pain medication for a little while... but then I assumed they must have changed his prescription. Well now the story has changed and this was an apparent suicide attempt. I don't mean to come across as cold hearted, but give me a break! This guy really comes across to me as an attention getter and an overall pain in the butt I am leaning very much towards this being a publicity stunt... I was wondering if anyone else felt this way?

I will add a little disclaimer to my post in that if he really did go off the deep end and seriously wanted to end his life, I hope he gets the help he needs.
post #2 of 15
I saw this story on yahoo and didn't even read it because I tohught it was a publicity stunt. Like his life is so hard or stressful. He plays foottball for a living. Hte stress of his day is training and maybe an "important" game. If he needs help then i hope he gets it. Other than that I really don't care what kind of stunt he pulls to have his name in the headlines.
post #3 of 15
Well, he certainly could have stresses and pressures and hard things in his life that we have no idea about. Money does not equal happiness or fulfillment and it doesn't solve everything, that's for sure. Who knows? He could be severely depressed or suffer from some mental illness we are not aware of.
My gut tells me this isn't a publicity stunt (he's one of the most famous football players right now- how much more publicity does he need?), but quite possibly is a cry for help.
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugaimes View Post
Well, he certainly could have stresses and pressures and hard things in his life that we have no idea about. Money does not equal happiness or fulfillment and it doesn't solve everything, that's for sure. Who knows? He could be severely depressed or suffer from some mental illness we are not aware of.
My gut tells me this isn't a publicity stunt (he's one of the most famous football players right now- how much more publicity does he need?), but quite possibly is a cry for help.

Oh, absolutely. He could very well have things going on in his life that we are unaware about. I just want to make sure no one thinks by my post that I am being insensitive to his problem IF he really is suffering from depression and the suicide attempt was really a call for help. It is his attitude and other stunts that really have me questioning this though.
post #5 of 15
Who is Terrell Owens? Is he someone famous?
post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeHacker View Post
Who is Terrell Owens? Is he someone famous?
yes! that is awesome Hope He's a football player, I believe for the Eagles? or at least it was them at one time but he's known for his "I'm entitled" type behavior and bad attitude
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeHacker View Post
Who is Terrell Owens? Is he someone famous?
He's a primadonna, PITA wide receiver for the Dallas Cowboys. His departure from the Philapelphia Eagles, basically being fired by them because of his attitude, made headlines last year. He made it well known that he didn't think that Donovan McNabb, the Eagles quarterback, was any good and he got into public jabbing with McNabb and the coach. HE thinks that he's the best qide reciever in the league and should be treated as such.

His return with the Cowboys, with a coach with as hard of a head as he has who is also notoriously not easy to work with, has been blase at best. So the reviews of his performance have been mixed at best.
post #8 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemae1277 View Post
yes! that is awesome Hope He's a football player, I believe for the Eagles? or at least it was them at one time but he's known for his "I'm entitled" type behavior and bad attitude
The Eagles booted T.O. shortly after their Super Bowl win 2 years ago. He has now signed on with the Dallas Cowboys.

I loved your response Hope
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeHacker View Post
Who is Terrell Owens? Is he someone famous?

that was soooooo funny.....

In a nutshell, this is what TO thinks about the rest of the world: We're not worthy!
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirtle View Post
The Eagles booted T.O. shortly after their Super Bowl win 2 years ago. He has now signed on with the Dallas Cowboys.

I loved your response Hope
Heh, shows you how much I pay attention to football I'm a Browns fan!
post #11 of 15
tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk...

Not a very bright thing to do!!! Not a good reaction either with your supposed to be a role model to kids... Tsk tsk tsk..

I don't have symphathy for people who are like this.. They have medications for these feelings.. Go to the doctor, adopt a cat friend (there not that judgemental),, don't kill yourself.. Ugggh...
post #12 of 15
Never heard of him, but then I don't know any football players names, in fact I don't really know what teams are football teams, baseball teams, or basket ball teams. You can tell how much interest I have in sports, can't you.
post #13 of 15
Thread Starter 
Well, apparently he was released from the hospital and gave a "thumbs up" to reporters as he left. Of course with the media it's hard to tell fact from fiction.
post #14 of 15
Its coming out now that there was no attempt at suicide. He was suffering from recent surgery on a broken hand and took a few too many pills or there was some sort of reaction between the pain med and the supplements he was taking. It looks like the "raw document" that the wire services ran stating that this was a suicide attempt was premature and wrong...

I am anxiously awaiting a 3:15ET conference where TO will speak about this incident. Only then will the truth come out. For all the things TO is, he is certainly not a liar.
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeHacker View Post
Never heard of him, but then I don't know any football players names, in fact I don't really know what teams are football teams, baseball teams, or basket ball teams. You can tell how much interest I have in sports, can't you.
I bet if Paul Stanley joined a team you'd start taking some notice though!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › T.O. Suicide Attempt- Publicity stunt?