Scoop Free Automatic Litter Box

nanci

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does anyone use this and if so, can you share you pros and cons. Does this box keep the litter from scattering?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks for the link - i've never seen that particular box before! i have littermaids, & really like them. i don't think i'd like this one as well, because you're locked into the litter cartridges - you wouldn't be able to change brands or types. but i have no personal experience with it to share - sorry!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nanci

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had a littermaid and threw it out. I found it impossible to clean and he mechanisms just became gooey. The odor from the box that caught the waste was too much for me and too flimsy. Trying to empty it without spilling the contents was impossible.

So, I finally tossed it out when I couldn't put it back together after taking it apart to clean it.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nanci

I had a littermaid and threw it out. I found it impossible to clean and he mechanisms just became gooey. The odor from the box that caught the waste was too much for me and too flimsy. Trying to empty it without spilling the contents was impossible.

So, I finally tossed it out when I couldn't put it back together after taking it apart to clean it.
i line my receptacles with plastic bags, which makes emptying them easier. the newest one came with a litter scooper that has teeth on it that are just right for cleaning the rake
previously i used a broken toothbrush.
the odor is VERY powerful when i'm emptying, i agree, but it's worth it since the house doesn't smell like cats, even when i've been gone all day [8+ hours].