I got Photoshop!

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The full version. I'm excited, but I have to say I'm a tad intimidated, too. I'm used to Paint Shop Pro. Photoshop just has so many..doodads.
Ahh well, I suppose I'll learn, slowly but surely. Anyone else a Photoshop newbie? Right now I'm downloading some brushes for it.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm looking into getting it soon for a business I'm starting up with my father. I can understand the intimidation factor...I'm going to be going through any tutorial i can find online.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks Anakat
I can already see that it's miles beyond PSP... I'm excited to see what I can do with it..I'm especially keen to download some of the filters I hear people talking about.

Renny - Yeah it's a bit overwhelming, but in a good way I think. PSP is good for what it is, but I was starting to want to do certain things, and they just weren't doable in PSP. Photoshop is much better - I've already played around with it a bit. Tutorials are a great idea, I'm going to look for some online.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Photoshop is THE BEST! I love it, and use it almost exclusively in everything I do. Besides brushes you can download loads of free filters and actions. I am a real ACTION freak myself.

As far as I'm concerned Photoshop is a lot easier to use that PSP. Yes, it may seem intimidating, but all of those doo dads as you call them, help you create magic.

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ok, first Photoshop question - could someone tell me how to resize a sig, kb-wise? The sig I made for *LuLu* is too big. I tried clicking "save for web", but where it says how big the file is, it still said it was too big. How do I reduce the size?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On the Save for the Web section, there is a section on the right hand side, and it allows you to adjust the quality. If the bytes are too high, then you downsize the quality. It will allow you to make your graphic in either Jpg, gif, or png format. You're better off with jpg format, as the other formats will be too large. Just choose jpg, and then adjust the quality on the upper right hand side. I hope that's easy to understand.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can adjust it here, hope that helps.
Anne

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you SO much Anakat, HopeHacker, and icklemiss21 - the screenshots really helped explain it. I've resized it just fine now. You guys rock

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Oh have fun with Photoshop! It is a fabulous program once you figure it out. Don't let it intimidate you too much, it's not as hard as it looks.
Thanks
I'm feeling better with it already

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
oooh, now I am jelouse. I want to be in the Pshop club!!!!!!

It's SO expencive though! I would have to take out a small loan!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

The full version. I'm excited, but I have to say I'm a tad intimidated, too. I'm used to Paint Shop Pro. Photoshop just has so many..doodads.
Ahh well, I suppose I'll learn, slowly but surely. Anyone else a Photoshop newbie? Right now I'm downloading some brushes for it.
I've got it at home, but not at work. How are you downloading brushes? I couldn't even figure that out!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You just download them from sites and either:

- move or cut and paste them into the PS Brushes folder
OR
- if you have photoshop open, go to Edit > Manage Presets > Load and click on them and it will install them for you

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

You just download them from sites and either:

- move or cut and paste them into the PS Brushes folder
OR
- if you have photoshop open, go to Edit > Manage Presets > Load and click on them and it will install them for you
I guess I couldn't find the sites. OK. Now I feel real stupid...

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I guess I couldn't find the sites. OK. Now I feel real stupid...
I find most of mine on www.deviantart.com
but there are lots of sites, I have posted some in the graphic help & resources thread, but if you google 'free photoshop brushes' it brings up loads you wont have if you haven't downloaded any. Its getting to the point now where I think, ummm I have that one and that one and that one

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I've got it at home, but not at work. How are you downloading brushes? I couldn't even figure that out!
Downloading brushes is really easy
Just find a brush site - search on the net and there's tons, here's one I found this morning:

http://missm.paperlilies.com/01_brushes.html

download the brush. it's usually in zip format, so when you unzip it, save it to your brushes folder, which should be something like c/program files/photoshop/presets/brushes

thats it
Brushes are great, you can do a lot of things with them

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by arcadian girl

Downloading brushes is really easy
Just find a brush site - search on the net and there's tons, here's one I found this morning:

http://missm.paperlilies.com/01_brushes.html

download the brush. it's usually in zip format, so when you unzip it, save it to your brushes folder, which should be something like c/program files/photoshop/presets/brushes

thats it
Brushes are great, you can do a lot of things with them
Thanks so much both of you. The brushes I seem to have are lame.