Am I crazy?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok so there is this toad who lives on my back patio at my apartment. I can go out at any time and guarentee it will be out there almost. Well in the next two weeks or so, the landlord as some workers coming to tear up the entire patio and walls and rebuild it all. I am thinking about moving the poor little toad. What should I do with him? Or shouldn't I move him? There are no nearby bushes or woods or anything for him to move to. He lived in the railroad ties layed out in the back outlining the patio, they are rotting away and he lives inside them and eats the bugs I assume. So should I just take him to the woods?

Am I weird for even caring?

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would simply take him in as a temporary pet until they are done messing up the patio

Afterwards, get a terra cotta pot and break it in half and half bury it for his new outdoor home.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You are absolutely not weird for caring. Its very sweet, loving and kind. Sorry I dont know anything about toads so I wouldnt even begin to know where to put him. But bless you for caring

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Arlyn

I would simply take him in as a temporary pet until they are done messing up the patio

Afterwards, get a terra cotta pot and break it in half and half bury it for his new outdoor home.
ohh what a good idea! guess I have to figure out what to feed him.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Crickets, usually 7 to 10 cents apiece at the petstore (depending on his size, he'll eat anywhere from 3 to 6 every other day or so, not terribly expensive).

Keep him in something fairly large (for his size) and tightly lidded.
A dish of water (large jar lids are good), I'd use fallen tree leaves for bedding and definitely something for him to hide under.
He'll also want/need his box misted every day.