The Fascination of Ferris

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Little feral Ferris never saw anything like it in his days out in the wild woods of Massachusetts where he was born. There wasn't anything like it at his foster home, either. He can't help but be intrigued: It moves constantly, makes an interesting sound, and deliciously refreshes a thirsy little kitten...

He stares at it for many minutes at a time...

It's just so...so...FASCINATING!!!!

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that's so sweet..he's so beautiful
Bella used to stare at her water too she would hit the side of her bowl and watch it move and watch the fountain...also fascinated with soda in a cup because of the bubbles...Try that with Ferris it should be a KICK!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I was playing with the lever that controls the flow of water in the fountain. I was making it go slow and quiet for him, then cranking it up so it made a cool noise and bubbles in the water - he was SO into it!!!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's SO cute!!! LuckyGirl would stare at the ceiling fan, and her head would go in a circle, around and around following the blades....it was so funny....and Louie, he wants to jump up and get the pull chain that turns the light on....he'll sit & stare at it with such a look....you know he's thinking "now how can I get that????"

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh.... my..... goodness

I am in love with him - I have always wanted an orange kitten - awww.... he's precious!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awwww! that is soo cute! I love how intently he is staring at it too! Soo sweet

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Oh.... my..... goodness

I am in love with him - I have always wanted an orange kitten - awww.... he's precious!
I think we have mutual kitten envy.
I'm in love with Davidson!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Little feral Ferris never saw anything like it in his days out in the wild woods of Massachusetts where he was born. There wasn't anything like it at his foster home, either. He can't help but be intrigued: It moves constantly, makes an interesting sound, and deliciously refreshes a thirsy little kitten...
My girls do the same thing!!!

Mine are soo smart now that they can take the filter off the top of the water thing, and bring it into the living room.. I have a feeling they are trying to tell me something...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Pixel likes ice in her water, so i put ice in the fountains each morning & evening. Pixel will come running in to drink. Cable sits & stares at the ice, & sometimes attempts to remove it!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Ferris is absolutely gorgeous!!
Thank you so much - I think so too!!!

I don't think I can call him feral anymore - he's turning into a little cuddle-bug. I actually was able to clip a couple of his claws last night while he was on my lap begging for cuddles!

He took a swipe at me and tried to bite me though, once he decided that he'd had enough of me touching his paws. I immediately scruffed him, hissed in his face, then eased up on his scruff while continuing to pet him and tell him what a good boy he is.

He was a teeny bit freaked out, but within 3 minutes was being all cuddly and sweet again!
I continued to pet him (and put the clippers away, doing just a few claws worked for me, considering it was the very first time I'd tried!) and he just lolled all over my lap trying to make sure I got every inch of him that he wanted loved.

He's such a special boy - as much as I love the cuteness of a kitten, I'm really looking forward to his years as a cat, because he is just going to make THE best little companion! And Ginger is getting along with him better and better every day.
Yay!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one of those things out in the garage that I had completely forgot about until I saw your photos. It has been out there for years but now I think I will hook it up again. Of course the bad news is I got to go out in the garage and try and find it (but I know it is there somewhere).

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betsy, I have always been plotting a way to steal your Ferris.......like, when are you not home?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Ferris has grown into a lovely cat.

Much also has a fascination with her fountain, staring at it for ages. She also will paw the bubbles every once in awhile.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Betsy, I have always been plotting a way to steal your Ferris.......like, when are you not home?
I am SO not telling! Besides, you'd have to fight Trouts Mom for him.

Originally Posted by katachtig

Ferris has grown into a lovely cat.
Thank you, I think so too.