Wish Us Luck Tonight!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ginger is so blasted determined to get out of that room that we're going to try some supervised interaction with Trent and Ophelia. Ginger and Trent have touched noses through the screen, but he does get freaked out when she runs up to him with abandon.
Ophelia has been avoiding Ginger and the couple of times she's come close to her room she's poofed and growled, but that's it.

So wish us luck with the face to face intros tonight!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck with the introductions...with Gingers outgoing personality I'm sure she'll win them over in no time

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So far, so good! Trent and Ophelia aren't exactly thrilled with her, but the ears have stayed perked even when they are growling or hissing. We're going to try to leave her out tonight and see what happens. We haven't seen anything resembling a tussel yet, and Ginger is definitely being submissive.

The only scare I've had was actually Ginger's "game".
She was under the bed, waited for Trent to get real close and then.....

BAM!

Jumped out and SCREAMED like a banshee! I don't know who jumped further, me or Trent.
Ginger, of course, thinks this is a neat game. I just hope she doesn't decide to play at 3:00 in the morning or Meowmy and Daddy are going to hit the ceiling.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Oh Heidi, I haven't had chance to catch up with what was happening with Ginger until now.
I am SO glad she is settling in after so much uncertainty.
I hope your night went ok and there were no major spats
it's always hard at first but when you see the 3 of them cuddled up (fingers crossed!) it will all be worth it.
I'm so glad sweet Ginger is now in her furever home

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Jumped out and SCREAMED like a banshee!
I know you didn't think it was funny, but this really made me laugh this morning!
In another part of the country, I bet a cat named Peter is chuckling

I hope you had an uneventful evening!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Heidi, the vision you gave me gave me a good laugh!
Things are coming along fine with your newly blended fur family..........it takes time......

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sorry, Heidi, but I had to laugh too when I read that!
Hope everything went well and you at least got some sleep.

And, yes, Peter got a good laugh over this and is happy he wasn't the Ginger Monster's target.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just caught up with the adventures of Ginger, Trent & Ophelia.

Did you get any sleep last night?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I spoke too soon. I think Ginger just had too much stimulation, too much growling at her, too much of something... Just as we were congratulating ourselves on such successful integration, Ginger came shooting out from under the bed and really went after Trent.
No one was hurt, Trent just didn't know what hit him. I really think it was just too much stimulation for Ginger. We put her back in her room, and instead of trying to bolt out, she went and ate then curled up and went to sleep.

We're going to try again tonight, at least for a couple hours, and see how it goes.