Can I get some examples..

happyhendrix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Of your partner being selfish or unfair?

I'm just trying to see if I am being unreasonable or selfish myself.
If you dont wanna share feel free to PM me and I can tell you the problem if you care to know.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How bout hubby burning up the firewood that took me all day to cut with a bowsaw (I have a neck injury, so using a chainsaw is out, and even the handsaw causes considerable pain) and split by hand ?? And how is he dressed - why in a T-shirt & lightweight lounging pants, of course
IMO, that's selfish

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how about...
Boyfriend can go out often to the bars with friends But I get 50 questions and the biggest guilt trip when i wanna go out dancing with a girlfriend? oh and trust me i get all kinds of bs comments and questions.
Unfair...yes-a-roo!

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Doesn't want to do anything, except sit in front of the TV, drink beer and watch NASCAR. (This now an ex).

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol, I wish I had an example...but we've gotten so good at compromising and voicing when we're upset, nothing really happens like that.

If you want to share your situation, or one similar to it, I'll help you on that.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmmm, getting home from work 2 hours before me and the asking me what's for dinner as soon as I walk in the door? that would be selfish AND unfair... not having a job while I'm working 2 and still expecting me to do all the housework? another good example
this is also now an ex

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the wife planning a night out shopping(she thinks shopping is a pro sport), with dragging me along when she knows it is raid night in world of warcraft.

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
^ Ooh, that's treading on bad territory...a woman needs to understand how important games like that are to men. If I planned something the night of Erik's fantasy football drafts...ooh, I'd hear about it.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Games like that aren't just important to men

Mine waits till I'm in the middle of something (usually a quest (WoW), or mission (AO, GW) ) and insists that whatever I'm doing isn't important, I simply must come upstairs and see what marvelous item he's won a roll on.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohh I've got unfair and selfish.....

My husband doesn't go to work till 1pm. I go to work at 8am. We have a 4 yo daughter, who goes to preschool on M, W, and Friday's at 8:30 am (Can only drop her off at 8:15 earliest), and the babysitter the other two days. My husband feels that I should take her to preschool, even though I have to be at work at 8am,, not 8:15 or 8:30, and he throws the biggest fit about her staying home on Tuesday and Thursday to sleep in,, even though at lunch time, I come home to pick her up!!! But it's okay, for him to sit there and play Xbox 360 until he has to go to work.. Ugggghhhh..
he makes me soo mad...

I'm done ranting now!!!!

Heather

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last nights battle: hubby told me he would straighten up around the house since he was not working yesterday (straighten up meaning, take out the trash, p/u the cats toys, clear off the table, maybe clean up after himself) so I said, great I'll make dinner, if you would like to invite your friend over for dinner feel free (beings that he was gonna straighten up). I even gathered up a load of wash and piled it in the hallway before work so all he'd have to do was throw it in.....and he knows what time I come home (4:30, and that I had dinner in the crock pot all day so it would be ready), is he home when I get home? NOPE. Is the house cleaned? NOPE. Is it straightened up even a little bit? NOPE. And then I turn the tv on to listen to my soaps as I'm cleaning up, and the input is changed on the tv. This is what you have to change in order to play video games or watch a dvd
. The kits had shredded tissue paper everywhere (we had allowed them to play with it the night before, and hubby said "don't worry, I'll clean it all up tomorrow, let them play tonight"), he left tons of stuff on the table, he had his friend over during the day and my dirty bras & underwear were piled in the hallway for the world to see!!!!!! And then he didn't come home till 5pm......when I told him that dinner would be ready as soon as I get home!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, ya'll are making me greatful that Colin and I don't do this. We're both really giving and understanding. If we ever have a problem, we just sit down and talk about it right then and there and never drag it out...we don't get up until we resolve it. We never scream or fight with each other or anything like that. I guess I do have a good relationship, thanks for reminding me of that guys! Now if we could only get him to propose....geesh! It's been two years!

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Wow, ya'll are making me greatful that Colin and I don't do this. We're both really giving and understanding. If we ever have a problem, we just sit down and talk about it right then and there and never drag it out...we don't get up until we resolve it. We never scream or fight with each other or anything like that. I guess I do have a good relationship, thanks for reminding me of that guys! Now if we could only get him to propose....geesh! It's been two years!
Same here, I'd pull my hair out if I had to deal with the issues brought up here! We DO yell and have horrible fights, lol, but they are resolved quickly.

And don't worry about the two years...it took Erik SIX!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

And I'm feeling better about being single!
You can say that again, i do not miss dealing with that stuff AT ALL!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, I am very fortunate!!! There's the occasional one off annoyances, but he won't let me cook or clean at the moment because I'm studying, and even though he didn't want cats, we now have 2!