How many

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People sleep in an uncomfortable position so as not to disturb their cat or their dog. I had a really hard time sleeping last night and Macy is a large cause of it she will get at the foot of the bed where I can't stretch my feet out and then Tavia will lay on my chest and Lilly beside me. I sure love my girls and my furniece, my sister's boxer Macy, but I miss my good ole pal sleep.

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Been there, done that. Still do it, actually, and it's not limited to when I'm in bed. Often when I'm at the puter, Wonton hops up on my lap to go to sleep. Thing is my left arm has to be in a certain position, cos he snuggles his head into the crook of my elbow. I can type, but thats it - my right arm/hand is free but my left is trapped in one position-the position that supports Wonton's head, and lets me type. So it always falls asleep eventually...and I wait til the last possible minute before I move it, cos I don't want to disturb him.

And yes, at night he snuggles up to me, and sometimes I'm stuck in a certain position, cos moving would mean jostling him..and he just looks so peaceful, sleeping there either curled up in a little ball, or all stretched out next to me..I just don't have the heart to disturb him..so I don't move. The things I do for that cat :p Sometimes though, I do move..and he always gets up and gives me the dirtiest look imaginable

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I even find myself "waking" when my husband moves a bit in the middle of the night, and in my sleep I say "be careful of the baby"
Louie will sleep mostly against or under me, in my armpit, behind my bent knee, in the crook of my neck, under my chest against my rib cage, but sometimes he will sleep in between our 2 pillows. I'm always afraid hubby (who is a heavier sleeper than I am) will push/bump/hit Louie on accident and hurt him.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We can't move because if the boys are sleeping with us, it means they're not bugging us and keeping us awake. So, we'd rather sleep in compromised positions than not sleep at all!

vicious vaness

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Me
My cat usually sleeps in my arms, it's so cute. I try not to move, but it gets hard because he paws at my boobs or face before he falls asleep and when he wakes up.

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Guilty! Also, if my partner wakes in the night and looks like he's about to pull the covers, I warn him to 'be careful of Villy' and don't pull the covers as you will flick her off the bed!

I do end up in some uncomfortable positions too, but it's worth it to hear her purring

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiger sleeps against my back and hogs the bed.
but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Miagi is usually on the other side of me.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does freezing my butt off in bed for the cats count?? I woke up last night about 2am freezing cold...the comforter was folded at the end of the bed and Lucky and Rambo were both snoozing all cuddled up on the comforter. I didn't want to disturb them in order to get myself covered up.....They just better bring me chicken noodle soup if i end up with a cold!! LOL

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so glad to know that I'm not the only one
Last night I kept waking up cuz JC was lying alongside me, Joey got jealous & slept in the livingroom all NIGHT
I missed my routine of how the cats usu. sleep, esp. my little "Joe-sters" keeping my lower legs warm.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm always amazed that I'm actually willing to admit this to other people, but...

Forest sleeps between my legs and uses my fanny as his pillow. Every night. And I let him.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If Bobber and Grizzly are on the bed we have this big "cat blob: by our feet holding down the covers!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

I'm always amazed that I'm actually willing to admit this to other people, but...

Forest sleeps between my legs and uses my fanny as his pillow. Every night. And I let him.

I confess: sometimes Pushy will sleep in the most unseemly places, but he's so comfy how could I ever move him?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine rarely ever sleep with me lol
....they've learned not to! I am crazy in my sleep - I kick, roll all over the bed, fall off the bed on occassion lol, talk in my sleep.....and have even rolled over on them before (on accident!!!) and I ALWAYS steal covers lol..
. I'm sad to say mine don't "trust" me enough when I'm asleep lol...

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a king size bed. In cooler weather, it becomes a mummy sleeping bag with all the cats that cuddle up to me. Do I knowingly move (I have been known to flip from side to side while asleep)? No way!!

ashleynicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I must admit, this is happening more and more! Since Milo joined the family, night time and morning are mine and Marlee's time. Not that Milo is locked out or anything, (the bedroom door stays open), he just doesn't stay on the bed. But before bed/ when I wake up and lay in bed and read, Marlee will sit on my chest looking me straight in the face and just purr. And then she'll run off to play for a bit, wait til I'm asleep then crawl up to my back or chest and go to sleep. When I wake up during the night I never want to move b/c she just looks so sweet and peaceful!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep - doesn't matter how I go to sleep, I dont always wake up like that - I have 3 on the bed with me at night, and I think sometimes they conspire against me - they all sleep down one side of me, and I find myself waking up in the middle of the night hardly on the pillow. Good job I have a double bed really!!

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lol, story of my life! I can't tell you how many times I've woken up in the middle of the night to pee and slid myself up and out of the bed so I wouldn't move them that much! Or how many times I layed there with a full bladder because they were soooo comfy on me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crystal211

lol, story of my life! I can't tell you how many times I've woken up in the middle of the night to pee and slid myself up and out of the bed so I wouldn't move them that much! Or how many times I layed there with a full bladder because they were soooo comfy on me.
LOL I do that too especially since once Lilly the rat terrier wakes up she is bouncing all over the place but I sure love her.