Ohhh those cats!!!!!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello all!!

I'm needing some advice badly. I had two strays show up about a month and half ago, and one was really really small, and the other was bigger. I'd say the little girl, Kella is about 2 months,, she's not growing very fast, but she eats alot. The boy, Alex is about 4 months. I've kept them downstairs to seperate until shots and ear mites and worming was all done. I've slowly and gradually tried to introduce them to my older cats, Angel and Chestnut (both 8months). Well this weekend was full on weekend.

Angel I don't think cares for them at all.. Chestnut has gotten used to them. But Angel stalks them,, and hisses and claws at them. Alex just hides from Angel,, but she corners him and everything. Kella is soo fearful of Angel that when she gets close to her, you hear Kella just a screaming, and hissing and Angel is just looking at her,, hasn't even touched her.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong,, how can I get these 2 to blend in better with Angel and Chestnut. Chestnut blended perfectly with Angel, they love each other,, they play and groom each other... I want to see Kella and Alex blend also!!

Please help me!!!! Thanks..
Heather

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Two female cats will fight over territory just as much as males, yours is having a hard time with a new female there. Until Kella's a bit older and stronger, maybe keep them apart unless you're around, but do try trading their scents - wipe a towel over each of them and then over the other one. Give Angel lots of attention so she doesn't feel threatened, and do read some of the 'Introduction' threads at the top of this forum for other ideas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Larke

Two female cats will fight over territory just as much as males, yours is having a hard time with a new female there. Until Kella's a bit older and stronger, maybe keep them apart unless you're around, but do try trading their scents - wipe a towel over each of them and then over the other one. Give Angel lots of attention so she doesn't feel threatened, and do read some of the 'Introduction' threads at the top of this forum for other ideas.
Thank you Larke!! I'm gonna try this and see what happens... Kella is soo scared of angel now that when angel goes near her,, she instantly starts screaming and hissing... Angel just hisses back.