Now I know I'm crazy!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We went to the flea market today because we needed a few things for around the house. Well, withen 20 mins, look what I was talked into.

He's 3 months old. Handfed and a total sweetheart.

How did I go from 2 cats and a dog to 6 cats a dog and 2 birds?

Now I gotta name him. I want something unusual. My 4 yr old said "Dew" so we can have Pepsi and Dew but I thought it was a bit much

What am I thinking?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's official, you're a crittermom. I know that you will give all of your babies a happy healthy home for years to come.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

It's official, you're a crittermom. I know that you will give all of your babies a happy healthy home for years to come.
Apparently I am

As if I needed MORE chaos in this house. I can only imagine what these birds are gonna learn to say!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw what a cutie!! What about something like Tequila?Something totally unusual.Good luck.
I know about getting more critters.We started out with Blaze and that was SUPPOSE to be it!! Now, I have 3 cats,and a dog.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

Aw what a cutie!! What about something like Tequila?Something totally unusual.Good luck.
I know about getting more critters.We started out with Blaze and that was SUPPOSE to be it!! Now, I have 3 cats,and a dog.
I thought about Caden, or Loki, or Echo.... Stilll looking though

OH, btw he's a Green Indian Ringneck

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG! I was reading your first post going "6 cats!?! When did she add to her family?!?!" Then I remembered about Reilley...

I personally think the little winged guys are cute!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

OMG! I was reading your first post going "6 cats!?! When did she add to her family?!?!" Then I remembered about Reilley...

I personally think the little winged guys are cute!
Yeap.. and I do believe we're keeping a couple kittens... I sure am glad my landlords don't come around

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

How about Avacado.
It was suggested that I should give them a short name so that they will learn it and it's easy to repeat. I think we have settled on Loki

I looked it up and it means "God Of Destruction"

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

It was suggested that I should give them a short name so that they will learn it and it's easy to repeat. I think we have settled on Loki

CUUUTE! I only have one cat and I'm sure if it was all my decision, I would be in the same predicament.....

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! You got another one???? lol......
wooo hooo!!! I found someone more impulsive than me! I love you!!!!! Now I can tell Colin i'm not the only one who impulsively adopts lol.
. I think Dew is cute!! He's quite handsome!!! How are he and pepsi settling in??? Well i hope! keep us posted!!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww..2 birds in 2 days?
I think your other bird will enjoy the company.
and I like Kiwi for the name if it's not too girlie. I like Loki, too.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Actually per norse myth it was mischief
but same thing i guess, lol

I have a kitty named Loki.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind is it? I used to have a Mexican Red head parrot, and a blue fronted amazon, a myna bird, 2 peached face love birds, and 4 cockateils they are some great little birds the cockateils, they all talked very entertaining. The Love bird were the meanest things I have ever seen
they would bite so hard you would have to shake them off

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My niece had a Quaker Parrot named Larry - Larry Bird. (She didn't name him!)

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

What kind is it? I used to have a Mexican Red head parrot, and a blue fronted amazon, a myna bird, 2 peached face love birds, and 4 cockateils they are some great little birds the cockateils, they all talked very entertaining. The Love bird were the meanest things I have ever seen
they would bite so hard you would have to shake them off
He is a Green Indian Ringneck. He's 3 months old. I heard him sqwak for the first time last night. He's a trip.
My mom has a lovebird that I handfed from the time he hatched. He's the sweetest thing. but yes, they can be monsters

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

He is a Green Indian Ringneck. He's 3 months old. I heard him sqwak for the first time last night. He's a trip.
My mom has a lovebird that I handfed from the time he hatched. He's the sweetest thing. but yes, they can be monsters
Now if I'm not mistaken aren't they from the parakeet Family? If you look that up I think that's what it is, maybe not the ringneck because they do have a ring around there neck, but there are other varieties also, But if its young maybe that ring comes as they get older. I think that's what it is. My sis-in-law has one, has had him for about 6 years.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Now if I'm not mistaken aren't they from the parakeet Family? If you look that up I think that's what it is, maybe not the ringneck because they do have a ring around there neck, but there are other varieties also, But if its young maybe that ring comes as they get older. I think that's what it is. My sis-in-law has one, has had him for about 6 years.
Yes his rings will be fully developed by the time they are 1 yr old. I am almost POSITIVE Loki is a male. His ring is very light but it's there... Only the males have rings... I think they may be in the parakeet family...but they do talk... ALOT. I had a latino indian ringneck that would talk your ear off

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Short lesson:

Parakeet actually is a descriptive of any member of the parrot family that has a long and tapering tail.

Lesson over