What do you think about 'Temptations' Treats?

simpleblue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i've been feeding my kittens temptation treats (savoury salmon flavour) for their special toilet training. i'm almost done the training and have about a month to go. they like the treats, but i haven't tried anything else yet.

my concern is the ingredients:
Chicken by-product meal, ground corn, animal fat (preserved with BHA/BHT), rice, dried meat by-products, wheat flour, natural poultry flavor, corn gluten meal...

i don't like those ingredients at all. especially the bha/bht...

and at the same time i dont wanna try a new snack and take the chance of adversly affecting the toilet training.

this is so confusing

do you feed your cats these treats?

what do you think about them?

thanks
dreamer

naturestee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feed them, maybe 1-2 per cat a week. The key here is treat, not food. Although they do meet the nutritional guidelines, which just goes to show how poor those standards are.

vanillasugar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You're right, the ingredients are garbage. Which is why I'm glad they're only a treat. I have a bag in the cupboard, for very occational treat. Usually they get single protein treats like salmon jerky or dehydrated chicken hearts.

fatkitties

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't buy anything with BHA/BHT. My cats aren't very fond of treats anyways.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Temptations are kinda expensive for what it is worth. I like feline greenies and Castor & Pollux much better.

For that price I could feed my kitties treats that are good for them.

My cats like everything new. Sometimes I buy small bags of Fancy Feast dry food for treats so I can sprinkle them liberally on the floor and watch the kitties fight for them.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys love them. I do buy them, but they don't get them very often, only once in awhile. They love the Feline Greenies

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

They love the Feline Greenies
Greenies lovers here too, they all liked different flavours of the Temptations but will happily eat whatever Greenies I buy

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed Temptations occasionally - Tigger loves them, and wants to eat all the time but never gains weight, so I give her some every once in a while when I don't want to open a new can for all 4 cats!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by vanillasugar

You're right, the ingredients are garbage. Which is why I'm glad they're only a treat. I have a bag in the cupboard, for very occational treat. Usually they get single protein treats like salmon jerky or dehydrated chicken hearts.
Beatifully done

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

simpleblue

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

My boys love them. I do buy them, but they don't get them very often, only once in awhile. They love the Feline Greenies
i have greenies too. savoury salmon flavour. i think i may take a chance and try the greenies once i run out of the temptations, which will be soon. i hope my cats like'em just as much or the training may be affected.

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MelodyMoon

Temptations = Kitty Crack
exactly!! I keep them around solely for the fact that when kitties escape, they always return to the sound of the shaking bag of "kitty crack". Rambo will then eat the healthier treat I put down for him (a little bait and switch!). Unfortunately Lucky will only eat temptations...so i let her have one or two.

meow meow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat gets these while I am cutting his nails. Helps keep him from running away. I don't care whats in them since he gets high quality regular food.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by meow meow

My cat gets these while I am cutting his nails. Helps keep him from running away. I don't care whats in them since he gets high quality regular food.
Same here. Mika and Bijou stand on the mat in front of the sink and beg for Temptations. I can't resist those gorgeous little faces so I cave and give them each 3 or 4. (I think my husband is also caving and giving them some too!)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No "Temptations" in my house
I only feed my guys single protein treats with nothing added, except for when I give them organic tartar control treats by PetGuard which does have some grains in it.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gizmo occasionally gest NATURE'S RECIPE Chicken and Rice Treats. I gave her one this morning since she took her pill so nicely.

Gizzy is allergic to chicken but this is an occasional thing, as I said.
It contains chicken meal, rice, pearl barley, soybeans, chicken fat, dried egg, and something called animal digest (which could be 'anything' rendered down) and tomato pomace, which is squashed skins; and various vitamins and taurine.
One of these certainly doesn't hurt her even if the ingredients are not all superb. They are much better quality than the 'kitty crack'!
The best treats are the Wildside Salmon, but Gizmo won't eat it...only the Cats Upstairs do.

moggiegirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats love wildside salmon and besides the occasional treat of cooked chicken and the occasional can of tuna(formulated for cats of course), and CET chews, it's the only treat I give them. They get such a highly palatable diet with California Natural dry food and canned cat food in many flavors and brands so they're not deprived and don't need that many treats. Wildside Salmon is pricey because you're paying for 100% pure Alaskan Salmon. What I do is I just order a 6 pack of them from www.catconnection.com and I make it last a long time. It's more economical this way because with shipping fees I'd rather buy more and pay those charges less frequently than order small amounts more often.

lunchbox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats love the Temptations treats. I figure they are just that "treats". It's sort of like humans. A snickers is not great all the time but once in a while it's like a piece of hevan.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by moggiegirl

My cats love wildside salmon and besides the occasional treat of cooked chicken and the occasional can of tuna(formulated for cats of course), and CET chews, it's the only treat I give them. They get such a highly palatable diet with California Natural dry food and canned cat food in many flavors and brands so they're not deprived and don't need that many treats. Wildside Salmon is pricey because you're paying for 100% pure Alaskan Salmon. What I do is I just order a 6 pack of them from www.catconnection.com and I make it last a long time. It's more economical this way because with shipping fees I'd rather buy more and pay those charges less frequently than order small amounts more often.
Just to let you and others know, the boxed single package of Wildside Salmon is no more. The company has discontinued selling them in boxes, and any day now, their two new offerings - a 1-1/2 oz. resealable, printed label pouch and the same in a 3 oz size, will be available. The unlabeled silver enviro pouches which are 1 oz. will also continue to be available.

I can't help but say it pays to check a number of sites, there are lower prices out there than what you listed, and some include free shipping.