One of the tornados that touched around here yesterday (pic)

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a pic of one of the tornados that touched down around here yesterday. It was taken by a friend of mine. The bridge he is on is only about 5 miles from my house!

Scary!
And theres another round of tornadic storms coming through all day today!! Can I come stay with one of you guys??

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's scarey. Stay safe sweetie, I hope those tornedoes just blow away and don't hurt anyone.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had one touch down here yesterday, too ! Be careful today and find safe shelter ! That line coming through looks wicked. We are supposed to get it tomorrow !!!!

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Scary!
And theres another round of tornadic storms coming through all day today!! Can I come stay with one of you guys??
You can come stay with me, but I don't think you'll fare any better here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

You can come stay with me if you bring Madden and leave him here
I'm sure he'd love that! You'd probably spoil him worse than I do!!

Originally Posted by AnnasMom

You can come stay with me, but I don't think you'll fare any better here.
Plus I'd have to drive through it all to get there!!
Did yall get anything bad last night?

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of our neighboring counties is in really bad shape right now. The river has flooded the whole county! They are rescuing ppl out of trees and from the river right now. There are many ppl missing and at least two presumed dead. Its a huge camping area and a lot of campers and house trailers are floating off. Its horrible and its still raining and isn't supposed to quit.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willing to trade - some of this California sunshine for your moisture
How sad for you all; my hubby's kin are in the Paragould, AR area, so I've checking for news in the area
and was REALLY SADDENED to read this. :http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060923/...severe_weather
I'm sending protection {{{{prayers and vibes}}}} to all the wonderful people and animals in the area. I had done a little tour, by myself this spring, thru parts of AR, Missouri and across Tennessee and I just asked my husband on Thursday if we could land in Memphis and spend a couple of days in AR and drive to South Carolina. It might be a good thing for you all if I can - I'm a storm chaser (I mean, literally, I love severe weather, and have driven in some amazing situations to chase it, trying to get pics, and the clouds skeedaddle when they see me coming
)

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad there isn't really ever tornados here. All we get is a lot of rain/storms. When I was a kid, I was camping and there was a hurricane and it almost blew our trailer over...and it was not a small trailer.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YIKES!
They've been talking about all those tornadoes even on our local news. You guys got SOCKED! I hope you stay safe!!
Apparently those storms just missed our area...We're VERY close to the IL border...I was relieved. I can't stand hearing about storms..I am terrified of storms.
Good luck!

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Plus I'd have to drive through it all to get there!!
Did yall get anything bad last night?
About 4:30 we had a monster storm. It never stopped lightning and we had dime-sized hail that covered everything outside like a snowfall. Other than a little bit of debris, there is no major damage. We'll have to have the roof checked (yet again) because of the hail, but I doubt it did any damage.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That line came up our way and we had tornado warnings all Friday night and into Saturday. My area got heavy rain and flash flooding the tornadoes hit down in Kentucky.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Man that's huge and close. Did you freak out?
It was pretty scary! It was moving away from us though, so I was more worried about family and friends I have that live over there. A little too close for comfort though, luckily it didn't do any real damage. It touched down, broke a few trees, and went back into the clouds.

valkerie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

This is a pic of one of the tornados that touched down around here yesterday. It was taken by a friend of mine. The bridge he is on is only about 5 miles from my house!

Scary!
wow thats cool I do love a bit of mother nature at her best english weather is so pants over here but we did have a great lightening show that went on for hours it was fantastic