L'Shana Tova 5767

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
That means "Happy New Year" in hebrew, the Jewish new year began at sundown tonight (friday 9-22) . All jewish "days" begin at sundown because in the bible first there was darkness and then there was light.

So happy happy and a sweet new year.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
L'Shana Tova to you
and thank you for the greeting
It was really special to read your post after I read the "Kitten in Subway" http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=100102 . That little kitten is having a good beginning to the New Year
I will explain to my grandson why the Jewish holy days begin at sundown - thank you for that bit of education

Now, how do you traditionally celebrate the occasion??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

L'Shana Tova to you
and thank you for the greeting .........Now, how do you traditionally celebrate the occasion??
a nice dinner before going to synagogue, then an evening service and the following day a morning service. nice clothing, a festive air. and often cooking with apples and honey to symbolize the wish for a sweet new year.

A holiday isn't a holiday without something special to eat. right?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Shabbos Sweetie!!! I've been craving Challa bread and sweets (apple & honey- that's what my sister & I call it lol....go figure) all weekend
Are you going to temple today? I'm a bad Jew- I didn't go shhhh...don't tell the rabbi I'm going candle shopping
Shabot Shalom!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Good Shabbos Sweetie!!! I've been craving Challa bread and sweets (apple & honey- that's what my sister & I call it lol....go figure) all weekend
Are you going to temple today? I'm a bad Jew- I didn't go shhhh...don't tell the rabbi I'm going candle shopping
Shabot Shalom!
I would never squeal.
I bake Challah, send me your address and I will fedex you one. sesame seeds? poppy? braided or round?

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In honor of Rosh Hashanah I bake a Challah every year! I'm wishing everyone a happy New Year, and I pray that it is filled with love and joy!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have no one to spend the Holidays with, so I basically don't do anything special 9-no good eats, no temple. Nothing.

yarra

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

I have no one to spend the Holidays with, so I basically don't do anything special 9-no good eats, no temple. Nothing.
Hope!! If you lived Texas you could come over and have Holidays with us!
It makes me so sad that you are alone!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

I would never squeal.
I bake Challah, send me your address and I will fedex you one. sesame seeds? poppy? braided or round?
You are too sweet!!! Braided for me!!!
It's my absolute favorite! lol...you better hide that bread from me lol...I would eat it all and have to hide the crumbs lol
! I hope you had a great holiday!!