Free 3 legged kitten to loving home

tfilly

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 6 month old kitten that survived an attack out in our barn. She had a broken leg (at the shoulder). It was so broken it had to be amputated.
She is the only survivor out of the 4 that were given to us. So I brought her in the house to live. However it just isn't working out with our 2 older Cocker Spaniels.
She is up to date on her distemper complex vaccines. Old enough to be spayed and get her Rabies vaccine, now.
She is a gray calico, short hair, very loving and I just won't stick her out in the barn with the other cats.
To a loving home only. References required.
Can email pictures.
Janesville, WI area
608-883-2485
[email protected]
You can view a couple photos here. ( I hope this link works )

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tfilly

I have a 6 month old kitten that survived an attack out in our barn. She had a broken leg (at the shoulder). It was so broken it had to be amputated.
She is the only survivor out of the 4 that were given to us. So I brought her in the house to live. However it just isn't working out with our 2 older Cocker Spaniels.
She is up to date on her distemper complex vaccines. Old enough to be spayed and get her Rabies vaccine, now.
She is a gray calico, short hair, very loving and I just won't stick her out in the barn with the other cats.
To a loving home only. References required.
Can email pictures.
Janesville, WI area
608-883-2485
[email protected]
You can view a couple photos here. ( I hope this link works )
Hi! Welcome to TCS
. How old is your kitten? And mind if I ask how your tried to socalize her with your dogs?
There are several techiniques that work wonders when introducing a new animal into an established animal home. If there is no way you can keep her, I suggest taking out an add on www.petfinder.com...it's free. Also, you mentioned that she was attacked- out of curiosity, what attacked her? I hope she is doing alright now.
Also, place flyers in your local shelters, no-kill shelters, and vets offices. One suggestion though, charge a small adoption fee for the kitty...even if it's only $10...many times kittens that are advertised as "free to a good home" wind up adopted by people who use them as bait in pit bull fights, or wind up in science laboratories. All of this can be detuored with a simple adoption fee- you can say that it is to cover the costs of the shots that you paid for.
Good luck!! PM me if there's anything I can help you with. Also, is there any way you could have her spayed before putting her up for adoption- that way she won't go into heat or get loose and have kittens...there are numerous low cost spay/neuter shelters,etc all over! They usually preform spays at a very low cost and do a wonderful job! It's definitely something to look into
Also, I would suggest asking one of our lovely TCS mods to move this to the "Cats SOS forum or Caring for Strays & Ferals"...many times those threads will have more views on them for people interested in adopting a kitten. Good luck!!!

(Mods, could one of you move this to a more appropriate forum so it will get more views??
)