What a week

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As most of you know, I currently work in a body shop (automotive body repair) I'm the office manager, and I've been here for 2 years. They (the dealership) is closing the body shop next Friday, and my boss got the money from the bank, and we are going to open a body shop under his name.

I had been under the impression for the past 4 MONTHS that I was going to have the same job, manage the bookwork, office, customers, claims - everything.

So, last week, the lady that was here before I started came in, asked my boss for a job. He gave her MY job.
He didn't even have the guts to tell me about it, until she came in and started talking to him about it right in front of me!! I had to ask him, and told him that I was very upset about the fact that I had lost my job, and hadn't even been told about it.

He told me that she had much more experience, and was very smart. (Boy, that made me feel dumb). BUT... (yeah, there's a but) he told me that he would take care of me, and keep me on the staff. As what? ..... He wants me out in the body shop, doing work out there with cars, checking in parts, ect.

Excuse me! I didn't go to college for 2 years and waste TONS of money on a degree to sweep a shop floor and check in car parts!

So, now I have ONE week to find a job. ONE week! I'm in tears. I've called the dealership who we work for to see if they need any office help - and they have no openings - but they are going to call me if anything opens up.

Seriously, this is just not my week

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, Kenz, that BITES! I'm SO sorry! Can you at least collect unemployment?

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Mackenzie, that's just awful!

If he takes you on to work the floor, I take it he will still be giving you the same pay that you're on now? (if not, he should be)

Maybe you could do that job on a rolling contract until you're able to get another job? Because he went behind your back and gave your job away, you should have some leverage to keep working there until something suitable comes up!

What a week though, sweetie!
Lots of Calming }}}VIBES{{{ on their way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

Awww, Kenz, that BITES! I'm SO sorry! Can you at least collect unemployment?
Yeah, but it would be a huge cut in my pay - they don't pay your full salary - its a portion, but it wouldn't be enough for me to pay bills on, ect.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Thats awful, he could have at least told you and gave you some warning to find a job (hugs)
Thats just it, he told me that he'd take care of me, keep me on as the office girl - so now I get this info about a week before I'm supposed to go with him!?

Everyone I work with now is SO upset with him for doing this to me. I have done nothing but kiss his butt for the past 2 years, and do everything and anything that I needed to.

For that, I get smacked in the face with this.

The girl thats coming back has NO customer service skills, hates customers, has a bad outlook on everything and thinks that SHE owns everything. No one can believe she's coming back - but my boss thinks she's the 'best thing ever'.

Yeah, right buddy.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well he will know when they start losing customers because of her attitude and she annoys the others working there.

Will they at least keep you on at the same salary until you can find something an leave with no notice just like they did to you

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry! That is really terrible! I would spend the entire week you have left job searching...don't bother doing any more "work" for him! I hope you find something good.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

So how did the "woman" come and "interview" for this??
She didnt!!!
She came up to him one night while everyone was down there working on the new shop, asked him for a job. Apparently he doesn't care about anyone but himself.

I'm so mad!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Well he will know when they start losing customers because of her attitude and she annoys the others working there.

Will they at least keep you on at the same salary until you can find something an leave with no notice just like they did to you
Oh he'll loose customers. I know all the customers by name, they all know me - I know all their car history, everything! I
my customers (most of them
)

I get the same pay if I go with him - I just don't want to do what he has 'planned' for me.

Ugh.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sooo sorry!! What a spinless disrespectful jellyfish!!!!!! However have you thought about turning it around on him and have him declare you Spare Part Manager for the shop. You stay as long as you have to and when you find something better you leave!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

I'm so sorry! That is really terrible! I would spend the entire week you have left job searching...don't bother doing any more "work" for him! I hope you find something good.
Oh believe me - I'm not doing ANYTHING more than I have to for this guy anymore. He's a piece of work.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If this "woman" is so wonderful-she can set everything up by herself-I wouldn't volunteer anything or go out of my way to help "her".

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Oh he'll loose customers. I know all the customers by name, they all know me - I know all their car history, everything! I
my customers (most of them
)

I get the same pay if I go with him - I just don't want to do what he has 'planned' for me.

Ugh.
Same as mine, as crazy as they can make me, generally they are great and understanding when stuff crops up (like this week when somehow one of our trucks landed in a lake and work had to be moved around a bit)

At least it is better than unemployment, I hope you can find something soon so you don't have to be around there when the new place opens as I am sure she will enjoy letting you know that she has your job

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

If this "woman" is so wonderful-she can set everything up by herself-I wouldn't volunteer anything or go out of my way to help "her".
Oh I'm not. When their 1st day comes around and if I'm there, I'm not helping her with ONE single thing. I'm DONE with helping!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, all I can say is that royally sucks and I hope your poor excuse for a human-being boss gets his due
You'll find something out there!
but I would stay on at least until you do find something.... and do as little as possible while you're there

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
and a recommendation to discuss this with your local labor board...

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry, Mackenzie.
that really isn't fair that they have you find a new job in a week, it's just not right.
hang in there.