I saved a kitten's life!

lunchbox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
While working at the pet store the a couple of weeks ago, I got a phone call asking what to feed a 4 week old kitten that she found abandoned. I made my suggestions and asked if she wouldn't mind bringing in the kitten. She did and I fell in love.

He's a medium/long haired black and white tabby that we named Obi-Wan.

When he was brought in, he had a whole host of conditions (pun intended); fleas, worms, mites, underweight...That evening when I got home, we fed him with a bottle and picked at least 100 fleas off the poor guy.
The very next morning, my fastidious fiancee took him to the vet to get dewormed and checked out. In goes the first does of two dewormer and begins a 10 day quarantine. The vet stated that if he'd gone without being de-flea'd and dewormed, he would have surely died the next day.

A couple of days after the first flea hunt, we found maybe 10 more. I checked him about once a week after that and they appear to be gone.

He had a tapeworm issue this week but that's been taken care of with an injection.

He's now 100% and very happy. Using our legs as climbing posts, chewing on our hands, earlobes, noses...

If only I could get out 18 month old cat to accept him and quit growling and hissing at him. They're making progress, though.

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THAT IS GREAT!!!
WAY TOO GO!!!

You should be soo happy at yourself for saving that baby!!

Give your older cat time. Mine keep growling and hissing and whining about the stray we've got.. It takes a good month or soo, before they warm up.. But they willl......

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You and your boyfriend are angels for taking such good care of this little one.

Bless you both.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunchbox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Obi-Wan

Vala

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're absolutely beautiful! Obi-wan's little tuxedo is so sweet; and in contrast with that red blanket his fur looks like velvet... Is he really only four weeks? Because he looks more like six or seven; and might just have been small from all those fleas and worms he was dealing with... did the vet check his teeth?

Vala is the 18-month-old tiger kitty, right? She must've been intently watching something when you took that picture... that tail curve looks very rapt to me.

18 months isn't very old--she's probably still pretty flexible. Let's hope she warms up to the new kit soon! If you're lucky, she may even play mommy... hey, it's been known to happen!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HURRAY for you and your boyfriend!! Obi-wan is sosoooo adorable
I love Vala's markings - they remind me of a Bengal cat.
Your cats are in very capable hands

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehe... check out those claws...

My tip is to get him used to your trimming them now, before he gets older and you can't pin him down as easily!

lunchbox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Obi-Wan is 6 weeks old now. The pic was taken when you requested the pictures.

Mike

lunchbox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Callista

They're absolutely beautiful! Obi-wan's little tuxedo is so sweet; and in contrast with that red blanket his fur looks like velvet...
Here's an even better one showing the contrast:

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The latest pic of Obi-Wan needs a "cute-alert" smilie---omg, SO, SO, ADORABLE - I wish that I could reach through the screen & pick him up
The white on his nose makes a triangle in that pose. Does he have boots on the back legs?

lunchbox

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsknowme

Does he have boots on the back legs?
Yes on front and back. Black and white tuxedo with matching wingtips...hehe