Serious Prayers for Speedboat

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cat, Speedboat, is going to the vet today at 2 PM. Last night I found a big lump near his front left leg. The lump is at least as big as a fifty cent piece and seems to be soft and movable. He had his update on shots done the 28th of July. Can anyone who reads this give me any info about the lumps that might come up from the shots, how big, hard or soft, any other helpful info. I am very concerned. Speedboat is an outside cat in a cat enclosure. We did have a big tom cat get inside the fence last week. I looked at both my cats faces, etc. and didn't find any evidence of a cat fight. Now I am wondering if he could have been bitten or clawed by this stray. All input welcome. Please pray. This cat is very special to me.

devlyn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just as a guess, I'd say it's probably a wound filled with pus. If your cat tangled with the big tom, it's very likely he got a little wound on his paw.
I had an indoor/outdoor cat who often came home with wounds. I didn't even take him to the vet, just drained them, cleaned them and kept him inside for a few days.
I *would* take him to the vet though. He may have something else completely going on.

Best wishes for Speedboat!

Devlyn
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54715

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending vibes to both you and Speedboat I hope everything goes well !!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Speedboat, your handsome orange kitty, will be in my thoughts until you get this resolved.
Lots of calming vibes coming your way.
Please be sure to update after Speedboats vet appointment.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

Speedboat, your handsome orange kitty, will be in my thoughts until you get this resolved.
Lots of calming vibes coming your way.
Please be sure to update after Speedboats vet appointment.
Thanks for the quick replies and good thoughts and prayers. Be sure, I will probably be back home around 3:30 and I will update on what the vet says. Some of you know, I lost my tuxedo cat, 12 years old, last summer. Speedboat is ten years old and I have had him all his life. He is a sweetheart of a cat with the best disposition in the world. After the loss of Max only a year ago, I don't feel like I can deal with anything too major. My hubby tells me don't worry ahead of time. Thanks for the calming vibes and I will give an update later this afternoon.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thinking of you and Speedboat and hope all is well

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Speedboat is back home from the vet. He said it is a wound of some kind that has healed over. It is not absessed yet. Speedboat will be taking Clavamox two times a day for 12 days. Thanks for the prayers. I am so relieved.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is a big relief.
I'll keep Speedboat in my thoughts as the healing begins.
Here's a hug for you. ((((hugs))))