Well that was a lovely wake-up call!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I were awoken at seven o'clock this morning to the sound of tornado sirens going off!!
There was a tornado spotted about 10 miles from here, we weren't in any real danger at that time, but it sure gave us a spook! The weather guy said to be prepared, there are supposed to be tornados, and severe storms here until this time tomorrow. As he put it "this is just round one".
Great.

We were supposed to go to the demolition derby at the fair tonight, but it dosen't look like we'll get to go now. I guess we'll just spend this Friday night at home watching the weather!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes! That is quite a scary way to wake up!

We are having some nasty weather here too - no tornado's tho!

Stay safe!!

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We saw the tornadic activity coming at us on radar, but we didn't even get a drop of rain in our corner of the state (at least not at our house). Maybe tomorrow, but that means a wet Hogs game...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnnasMom

We saw the tornadic activity coming at us on radar, but we didn't even get a drop of rain in our corner of the state (at least not at our house). Maybe tomorrow, but that means a wet Hogs game...
We're flooding here, and its still raining!! Ah well, aside from sitting in wet bleachers, its a lot of fun to watch those boys roll around in the mud!!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
maddensmom;1352761 said:
DH and I were awoken at seven o'clock this morning to the sound of tornado sirens going off!! There was a tornado spotted about 10 miles from here, we weren't in any real danger at that time, but it sure gave us a spook! The weather guy said to be prepared, there are supposed to be tornados, and severe storms here until this time tomorrow. As he put it "this is just round one". Great.

We were supposed to go to the demolition derby at the fair tonight, but it dosen't look like we'll get to go now. I guess we'll just spend this Friday night at home watching the weather!QUOTE]

OH I SOO KNOW.. It's coming our way!! UGHHH< I'M SCARREDD OUT OF MY WITS OF TORNADOS...

I hate hate hate tornados and weather that can make them!!! Be nice if they'd just disappear and not come to Indiana.. Think you can do something about that for me??

Heather

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

OH I SOO KNOW.. It's coming our way!! UGHHH< I'M SCARREDD OUT OF MY WITS OF TORNADOS...

I hate hate hate tornados and weather that can make them!!! Be nice if they'd just disappear and not come to Indiana.. Think you can do something about that for me??

Heather
I wish I could!! I had to put the trash out this morning and politely asked DH if he could turn off the downpour for a minute while I did, but he just looked at me funny!
He can fix everything else...

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It looks like all heck is about to break loose in Northwest Arkansas within the next hours or so, so I guess it'll hit you guys by midnight. Something about two fronts converging and a dryline...

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stay safe!! We're keeping a close eye on it here too!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here we go again, tornado warnings around the Mountain Home area and headed my way! Its starting to blow up all over the state again too, we may be in for a long night! Annasmom, please keep an eye on your weather and stay safe!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

DH and I were awoken at seven o'clock this morning to the sound of tornado sirens going off!!
There was a tornado spotted about 10 miles from here, we weren't in any real danger at that time, but it sure gave us a spook! The weather guy said to be prepared, there are supposed to be tornados, and severe storms here until this time tomorrow. As he put it "this is just round one".
Great.

We were supposed to go to the demolition derby at the fair tonight, but it dosen't look like we'll get to go now. I guess we'll just spend this Friday night at home watching the weather!
I feel ya! We have tornado watches at the moment all over my area- which always wind up turining into tornado warnings
....it so happened to fall on the same day that Garden Ridge is having a HUGE sale! UHHH....lol so i'm deciding between candle shopping and tornado watches at the moment lol....If it was a warning- there wouldn't be an option! I'd be in the bathroom with the furbabies....but since it's a watch.....those candles would sure come in handy if the power goes out!!!
. I'm aweful lol!!! I even started a thread on this in The cat lounge lol....I hope your bad weather goes away soon!!! What part of Arkanasas are you in!!! You Arkansas folks sent all the bad weather east to Memphis! Uhh! you meanie lol

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in the NE corner, Jonesboro area and Annasmom is in the NW corner!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok...maybe not! I just read all of the latests posts....the tornadic activity seems to be picking up in Arkansas pretty badly...which means it will most likely make it's way east and into the Memphis areas soon. I think i'm going to run out to the store really fast before it gets worse. Our watch right now is set to expire at 7....but that will likely be extended should the weather pick up! Stay safe you guys in Arkansas!!!!!!

jessy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh, safe safe everyone.
We had a tiny bit of an ex hurricane hit the UK, and all we had were some serious winds up north and lots of rain all over. That was enough for us, but I really feel for you guys

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stay safe in ARK!!!! It's starting to look bad in Memphis and the storm hasn't even started yet, so I know it's getting ya'll first. Be careful!

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like the worse of this system is going to miss memphis right now. Its all moving north east. We just got it pretty bad here, more tornado warnings. We almost saw a funnel cloud form, but it fizzled out thank goodnesss. Definately keep an eye to the sky tonight!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope it starts to die down some more where you are! It still looks nasty outside, but I just watched the news a second ago, and even though there's still a watch out for my area, it doesn't look like anything will hit! I'm keeping my fingers crossed
. Stay safe!

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

It looks like the worse of this system is going to miss memphis right now. Its all moving north east. We just got it pretty bad here, more tornado warnings. We almost saw a funnel cloud form, but it fizzled out thank goodnesss. Definately keep an eye to the sky tonight!
Here in Bella Vista there hasn't been a drop of rain. I know Springdale and Fayetteville were getting hammered a little bit ago. It looks like those of us in extreme NWA might have dodged a bullet. After March's tornado narrowly missed us (we saw it coming towards us, then it jumped over) in Bentonville, I am glad we moved to the hills!

Maddensmom and StarryEyedTiger and anyone else in the path of these storms, stay safe tonight.

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're under a tornado warning again, its the fourth one today, and its not going to be the last. I'm going to put the babies in the bathroom, I think we're pretty safe, but just to be sure. You're lucky all this missed you annasmom. I don't think we've ever had so many tornado warnings in one day, this is crazy!!