TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Need Good Vibes For Bagheera
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need Good Vibes For Bagheera

post #1 of 22
Thread Starter 
I need some good vibes for Bagheera. He wasnt getting better from his URI and had started limping for no reason so we brought him back to the vet. He's been diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure. They said he also has a very bad heart murmur. They want to do a whole bunch of stuff to him. Which will just to get the test done not even to treat him be 390.00-500.00. Just to get the test done. I dont have the money. I just had to get anew fuel pump put in my car yesterday and that was 600.00. I dont know what to do. They said he has a month maybe left if we dont do anything for him. They wont do anything till I pay off half of my current bill. I tried begging friends and family for money but only managed to scrape up 60. I've been trying to fill out applications for help from some internet sites and have contacted some local rescues that help people sometimes with vet bills. But I dont know if they will do anything because he might have to be put down anyways if it is to bad. I'm soooo upset. Ive had him since he was 4 weeks old. He's just a baby still. Only 5 months old. He's to young to die but I might have to put him down if I cant get any help from one of the groups. He's fine for now still playing, eating, and behaving fairly normally. He sleeps a little more then usual and is looking kinda scruffy. But I didnt expect this at all. Please send my baby some good vibes.
post #2 of 22
Oh my I am so sorry to hear this I am sending you {{{{{{Healing vibes}}}}}
I hope this all works out for you and Bagheera
post #3 of 22
Im so very sorry. Im sending many healing vibes to your baby. Look on this site, read through it. They offer assistance. Good Luck !


http://www.imom.org/pin/emergency.htm
post #4 of 22
I'm so sorry to hear about Bagheera's problems. Poor baby. If you can have the tests done what kind of treatment is the vet considering and what would Bagheera's chances be if treated? I'm just curious and interested. If it were my cat I'd have the tests done in any case. I hope you can work out something. Good luck and healing vibes for Bagheera.
post #5 of 22
I am so sorry about your kitty. I'm not sure how congestive heart failure differs in dogs and cat but I had a 9yr. old chihuahua with it. The vet said she had the worst heart murmur that he had ever heard. He told me he could do a bunch of tests and basically empty my wallet but he knew what it was and the all the tests in the world wouldn't change the outcome. He suggested we just treat the problem with meds. He brought out a stethescope and had me listen and it literally sounded like Rice Krispies crackling. This meant she had a build up a fluid. He put her on lasix and vasotec and told me to buy a stethescope and listen everyday or if she seemed to be feeling bad and if I heard the crackling to increase the lasix. Sometimes it didn't work and I would have to take her in and they would give her a lasix injection and it would do the trick. She also had to go on a special diet...mainly low sodium. Much to his surprise she lived for 5 more years. Maybe you can talk to the vet about putting off tests until you can afford it and try the appropriate medicines and see what happens or get a second opinion. Good luck and I hope everything works out okay.
post #6 of 22
Oh no! I am sorry to hear that!
Sending lots of good and good luck vibes to Bagheera and you.
post #7 of 22
*sending good vibes to Bagheera* <3
post #8 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean44 View Post
If you can have the tests done what kind of treatment is the vet considering and what would Bagheera's chances be if treated? .
Well shedidnt really tell me what treatment. I was pretty much sobbing at that point and if she did tell me I dont remember. I do know that she said if we do treat him he could live a few more months or a few more years. Maybe even long. There are no garentee that he will make it.
post #9 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyC View Post
I am so sorry about your kitty. I'm not sure how congestive heart failure differs in dogs and cat but I had a 9yr. old chihuahua with it. The vet said she had the worst heart murmur that he had ever heard. He told me he could do a bunch of tests and basically empty my wallet but he knew what it was and the all the tests in the world wouldn't change the outcome. He suggested we just treat the problem with meds. He brought out a stethescope and had me listen and it literally sounded like Rice Krispies crackling. This meant she had a build up a fluid. He put her on lasix and vasotec and told me to buy a stethescope and listen everyday or if she seemed to be feeling bad and if I heard the crackling to increase the lasix. Sometimes it didn't work and I would have to take her in and they would give her a lasix injection and it would do the trick. She also had to go on a special diet...mainly low sodium. Much to his surprise she lived for 5 more years. Maybe you can talk to the vet about putting off tests until you can afford it and try the appropriate medicines and see what happens or get a second opinion. Good luck and I hope everything works out okay.
Well I'm going in to talk to them tomorow. You have given me some hope. I can afford meds just not 500 or more at one time. If you dont mind can I print this post out give it to the vet? Maybe she will just give him meds. I sure hope so. I can even afford maybe one or two of the test but not all of them. They want to do like 5 different things.
post #10 of 22
I agree with CathyC 's suggestion. Lots of prayers and vibes comming your way! I really hope little bagheera pulls through!
post #11 of 22
Thread Starter 
Here's the exact break up of what they want to do. I think most of the things would show the exact same thing wouldnt they? Maybe not I guess I'm not a vet so I shouldnt say that. But here is what the estimate says exactly.

Electrocardigram 53.56

Ultrasound Cardiac Only Remotevet 101.97

Unltrasound Interpretation, Remotevet 71.07

Radiograph Interpretation 61.80

Radiograph Exposures 20.60

Positioning/Restraint 1st Person 27.86

Radiology Setup/Handling 32.96

Radiograph Exposures 20.60

Radiograph Exposures 20.60

Medical Waste Disposal Fee 4.85

Total Fee 439.82

Estimate Range 390.47 - 508.08
post #12 of 22
Lots of healthy vibes to little Bagheera. And wisdom vibes for you and your vets to find the best possible solution for Bagheera.
post #13 of 22
It seems to me that they could do a couple of tests to see what course of treatment to do.But, I'm not a Vet.........so I'm not sure.
I think some Vets just want to experiment and see what will or won't work.
I am sending healing vibes that way!!
post #14 of 22
I am very sorry to hear that. i don't know that it will help now but my aunt has pet insurance. it pays for things like this, i'm gonna get it for tiggy very soon. talk to the vet about it i think she said that is where she got the policy from. i will talk to her and get the details.
post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 
Some pics of my baby boy growing up here

5 weeks old 1 lb






10 wks 3 1/2 lbs


14 wks 4 lbs




Bagheera 2 weeks ago still looking healthy 5 lbs 5 oz 4 1/2 months


Bagheera about 4 days ago


Jada and Bagheera cuddling yesterday 5 months old 5 lbs
post #16 of 22
Oh, Bagheera is so pretty, i so bad wish i could help. I will send them vibes for sure. the best of wishes luck and hope to both of you.
post #17 of 22
I agree with Cathy C. Since meds worked for her kitty ask your vet if that would be possible for Bagheera. They already know what the problem is so they should have some idea about what meds would work.

The vet is actually suggesting three types of tests-electogardiograph, ultrasound and three radiographs (x-ray). It's so expensive because they charge to do the test and for someone else to interpret the test. The same thing happens when you or I have medical tests. Anyway, you might ask the vet which test would give the best information about Bagheera's condition and go with that if you can afford it.


Good luck. I hope you can work out something with the vet. Hugs to both of you and more vibes to Bagheera.
post #18 of 22
if they're relatively certain of the diagnosis, i second treating him for it. my 1st cat, Medley, became ill & lost weight at 15 years of age. when i took her to the vet, i was told of 3 possible diagnoses, 2 of which were fatal. in order to determine which one she had they would've had to do testing. i made sure i was correct that 2 of the diseases were fatal, & requested that we treat her for the non-fatal one. that way, if that was what she had, we'd be treating it. otherwise, there was nothing to be done anyway. this was much less expensive for me, & also gave Medley the only treatment possible.
post #19 of 22
I have no advice to offer, I only hope that your baby boy can be treated and live a long healthy life.
post #20 of 22
Any more updates today? You and that handsome boy are in my prayers!!! Maybe you could take the breakdown of all that medical work the vet wants to preform to other vets and see if they can eliminate things from the list that he may not need- I would think about getting several opinions before making a choice. I also agreed with CathyC's suggestions earlier. Good luck whatever choice you decide!
post #21 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
Any more updates today? You and that handsome boy are in my prayers!!! Maybe you could take the breakdown of all that medical work the vet wants to preform to other vets and see if they can eliminate things from the list that he may not need- I would think about getting several opinions before making a choice. I also agreed with CathyC's suggestions earlier. Good luck whatever choice you decide!
Yeah I have a little update. Bagheera is doing better they put him on Lasix and his yuky breathing has stopped. He scared me to death yesterday. He decided to be a brat and ran outside. So I went after him and as I run out I see him just collapse on his side. I thought he had died. But I scooped him up ran inside and called the vet right away. They love my baby boy to death so when I told them that they put him on the lasix and we are working on paying for the test. He's going in Thursday for x-rays and if that doesnt show exactly what kind of murmur it is then we will do the next thing which is I think the ecocardiaghram (that might be spelled wrong). Then if that doesnt show my baby's getting a ultrasound done. But they told me I have to keep him calm and not let him play. Make sure he's eating, drinking, and make sure he's going potty normally. Its amazing how fast he started feeling better. He isnt playing at all. But I did catch him scratching my new rug today. So I have a feeling I'm gonna be in trouble in a few days. I might have to crate him away from the other cats. Thanks everyone for all your good thoughts.
post #22 of 22
How scary! I'm glad he's feeling a bit better with the lasix
Sending more good health vibes his way.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Need Good Vibes For Bagheera