or Connect

Posts by parsleysage

Cat right, dog wrong by a hair! I'd decided on the Duck Tolling but changed my mind at the last minute. Aw, shucks!
Congrats!!!! You & Monet will be so happy! Go for Van Gogh - I was lucky and got 2 boys out of the litter I was adopting from, but even if I'd had a girl (or both girls!) I'd still have named them Simon & Garfunkel.
That's my friend's kitten Angel. (I don't think she looks like an "Angel," lol!) She's planning to get rid of her because she's "aggressive" and claws and bites when she plays. Like a 12-week kitten, right? I certainly have the scratches and bite marks to prove that, lol! She also bats at their dog's face. Anyway, the point is she has her reasons for not wanting the kitten anymore. She's advertising it on facebook but I'm not sure she'll get adopted that...
I've taken the mixed approach when it comes to my kittens. I also want to feed wet only (I actually want to get them on raw very soon) but there are times when I might get delayed at work or have to run to a store before it closes, etc., and they might end up going almost 12 hours after their morning meal until the next. So I do leave a pan of grain-free dry food out, just in case. The good news is that the more wet food you feed, the less dry they eat, so I rarely have...
Quote: Originally Posted by anita1216 Zee is my issue. I have tried everything and you can forget anything even remotely pate'. He just refuses to even try. I have cut them down to a "snack" of dry during the day and Zee will still turn his nose up at most of the canned food I am trying that is grain free. Awww... Some have had luck mixing the good food in with junk food, then slowly reducing one and increasing the other until the cat doesn't...
It's REALLY frustrating. I just switched to a new food and there were about 12 flavors to choose from. Half of those were fish... fine. All but 2 of the other flavors still had fish as an ingredient!!!!!!! I'm not sure I understand why it's in there - is there a cost factor?
Oh Susan - do I feel your pain!! I adopted two brothers when they were six weeks old back on May 1. They're now 15 weeks old and I know exactly what you're talking about! For what it's worth, "NO!" hand claps, stomping, etc. NEVER worked on Simon & Garfunkel. If they reacted at all it would just be to throw me a look of disdain over their shoulder and keep on going They crack me up! However, the one thing that has worked - and I use it regularly now that...
Love Beau. I want him now!!!
Meant to post this in behavior, lol!
How does your cat let you know what mood s/he's in? From what I understand, purring isn't always an indication of happiness. (Although since mine purr literally every second they are not asleep, I like to think they're always happy .) There was also a thread here about tail/ear language and how many cats display supposed signs of annoyance or aggression when they are actually happily enjoying a cuddle or play session. Since these "usual" behavioral signs aren't...