or Connect

Posts by Ritz

I'm sorry this happened to you. The only experience I had is this: a friend and I removed several cats from a community cat colony that I take care of to resocialize them (they had at one time been someone's pet) and adopt them out. Fast forward nine months and "Buckley" was ready to go to his furever home. The co-socializer tried putting him a cat carrier and he freaked; escaped into the rafters of her house; and two weeks later, two miles away, returned to where he...
Ritz only likes one type of toy, and that is an ornamental grass with a 'feather' on top. I drag it under (of all things) a t-shirt, tetting her see the 'feather'. I guess she thinks it is a mouse, because she crouches, rocks back and forth on her legs, and POUNCES on the feather, which she eats. Your cat might also like Da Mouse; it is also probably safer than the Lagurus. Some "da mouse" toys have other attachments; Da Bird is particularly popular with some cats. ...
Congratulations! Them saying it couldn't be done reminded me of something that happened to me: Animal Control came out to the condo complex where I was living several times to trap and remove (read: euthanize) cats. In addition to people stealing traps, AC didn't trap any cats. So I talked to the property manager and volunteered, with the stipulation that the cats would be returned to where I found them. The property manager relucantly agreed because I said "better the...
First, thank you for taking care of all the cats. Just as we shouldn't give medical advice about cats, so I can only give what I think, feel. I am not an attorney, though I have been a legal secretary for 30+ years, mainly boring type of law like mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate. But my legal radar is a bit more paranoid than most peoples, perhaps. Regarding the legal issue: you need to check the statutes/laws in your town, city, county, state. ...
I suspect a fight then, though I thought neutered males fought less. But of course keep a close eye on him--if he stops eating/peeing/pooping, or seems off-balance (mobility or thought wise), then I would take him back to the vets immediately.
I'm sorry this happened to your cat. Is he neutered? If NOT, he may have a greater propensity to fight another male cat. But the fever to me (uneducated.....) seems to indicate an infection of some sort, not a fight. Glad antibiotics were prescribed. And that he is eating. Were x-rays taken? Blood work?
Shelters routinely give Core vaccinations; they have no way of knowing the cat's history. Also, may prevent the spread of respiratory ailments which in young kittens can be fatal. PS: I use to live in Tampa 30 years ago, a block or two from Bayshore Drive. Pretty place.
You can get the blood titre for antibiodies, especially rabies. If there are enough antibodies, then I personally would not vaccinate my cat. But Ritz is strictly indoors. http://www.animaldoctormuskego.com/adoption That said, some counties require your cat/dog to be vaccinated against rabies. It is up to you whether to abide by that law. FWIW, and this is only my experience: Ritz' FHS seems to escalate after being vaccinated for rabies and Feline Viral Respiratory...
I'm facing the same problem. Nature's Miracle--my go-to product for vomit--isn't working on the carpet that was in the bathroom. The urine permeated down to the backing. And after I put NM on it, I then put the carpet outside to dry and air. It was hot, and I think the heat may have 'set' the smell. In your case, the urine may have permeated down to the backing (? term) of the carpet. The smell is hard to get rid of. If you haven't tried an enzyme cleaner such as...
It seems you've covered all the bases. I would have recommended motion detection cameras or lights--if the light comes on, maybe the murderer would run away-but maybe lights are cheaper? You might also spread the word among children about how horrible killing cats is, maybe they'll direct you to the murderer. SAWA is trying to change the attitudes of people who believe that animals are for working purposes only and when they can't work (guard the farm, hunt and kill...