or Connect

Posts by Ritz

No, your children and you cannot 'catch' whatever is wrong with your kitty. Like the other posters said, I suspect it is some type of seizures. You might also try video taping an episode and show it to your vet.
Slippery Elm Bark is often recommended for cats with persistent vomiting/IBS. You make it into a tea solution and I put a teaspoon on Ritz' food . My holistic vet recommended it, and so far it seems to be helping Ritz. She goes 11+ hours without eating because of my work schedule. Eats fast, throws up, wants to eat right away. She didn't throw up these past three days. You've tried foods I would have suggested. How about boiled chicken and rice? Boil chicken (dark...
I've been following this thread because I'm going through a similar experience, but with only two cats--Ritz resident cat for five years; Hercules, new cat. No matter how small the room is, it is full of love. And Bob will know, sense this. Vibes to you and Petey. (One of the cats we removed from the colony to socialize we named Petey cause he kind of looked like a pirate. I *loved* that cat, very affectionate, kind. Went to a good home.) I'm getting a screen door...
20 minutes is about right to wait; seems like things are showing progress.
I have nothing to add but am following this thread avidly. I recently removed Hercules [male], a super friendly, affectionate cat, from the small colony I take care of (30 minutes from where I live). Hercules seems to be adjusting well; Ritz [female, a little older than Hercules] not so sure. I did the scent swaping sock and blanket thing; Ritz just looked at them like, "and your point?..." BUT when I've been cuddling with Hercules (inordinately friendly) and his scent is...
Blue Buffalo have some higher calorie canned foods. You might also check the labels of canned food; many have calorie content. I would imagine Duck would be higher in calories/fat than, say, fish or chicken. Also, you mix in a whole egg (uncooked) or egg yolk to the canned food or plain. (The yolk has more calories than the white.) Finally, you could consider adding KMR powder to your cat's food. Do note that you should do this one at a time, and a little at first; any...
What you might try is putting out smelly food like fish, warmed up slightly, and set it by her. Back away a fair distance, but close enough that she can see/smell you. Wait to see if she comes out within a reasonable time. If not, leave and go on your way. Repeat often Also note that some very friendly cats may not eat for 12+ hours if in a new environment. I recently bought in Hercules, a cat I TRNd in May 2012 and one I've seen and been feeding off and on since...
Sorry just getting back to this. Re: cooked egg yolk. Laziness. I eat a fair amount of egg whites for protein so gave Ritz 1/2 a cooked egg yolk when she was particularly hungry. I'll start giving her raw egg. I too have always assumed it was an acid ingestion issue. I have given her freeze dried/dehyradated treats, waited five minutes, and then feed her dinner. Sometimes that works, sometimes not. Interestingly enough, the blood work that the holisitc vet did showed...
Thanks. She didn't make a sound last night. She is still friendly, but not as frantically so. He will lay in my lap, belly side up and purr while I am petting her. Sometimes give love bites. I have posted on Craig's list and another found cat site. And will post a notice on the condo buildings near she hangs out. If I (well, Ritz) decide to adopt Hercules, I want to do so in good conscious.
My feral/stray cats made it through the first really cold spell; they were all at the feeding station waiting for me. It snowed last night, I am hoping at least two of them sought refuge in the winter shelter.