or Connect

Posts by Ritz

He could have torn a muscle/ligament, it healed a little, then when he was playing/jumped/landed, he reinjured it. I rescued a stray cat that held up one paw while walking. X-rays were negative, and he eventually healed on his own (and made a lovely first-cat for a new cat owner). That he reinjured the leg worries me. Personally I'd take him to the vets, though I'm not sure a soft tissue injury would show up on x-rays. You want to rule out anything more serious--you...
I'm sorry Sinbad is having problems. Switching foods cold turkey is generally never a good idea, regardless of what food(s) you want to give your cat. In Ritz's case-and in retrospect--I transitioned her a bit too fast from canned wet food to commercial raw and I believe she developed a stress-induced UTI. Ritz throws up when she has gone a long time without food. Due to my commute/work schedule, she often doesn't eat for 11 to 12 hours at a time. I have now established...
Sorry that Mason is feeling poorly and for your other losses. Are there feline vets only where you live? Here is a link to feline vets only.
Yes I do feed bone in meat, i.e., bone that has meat on it (not ground). I love to hear Ritz chewing bone. My thought also was that your cat is allergic to what the poultry is being fed, though I'd still want to know (if possible) what is fed to the organic chicken. Arguably the chicken could be fed non GMO soy or corn--which doesn't help if the cat (or, human) is allergic to soy or corn.
Ritz drinks a fair amount of water for being on raw but that is her normal. I make sure the meat I buy is NOT enhanced, i.e., with salt. I was surprised at how often meat has added sugar, salt and of course water.
Happy Dance Happy Dance....
I just typed a lengthy response and lost it... burrr... So briefly: First I'm sorry for your loss of a friend, and second, thank you for taking on your friend's cat. I know that means a lot to your friend. Personally, I wouldn't feed a cat who has a history of UTIs dry food, prescription or otherwise. At the least I'd feed him canned RX food. Dry food is, well, drying, and one of the ways of preventing sturvite crystals is increase how much water a cat drinks, in...
Yes, I feel your emotional, physical and spiritual exhaustion. I get up at 2:45 a.m. (due in part to Ritz) and don't stop doing chores, errands (WHY or WHY aren't more stores open at 5 a.m.....!!!), gardening (flowers mainly) and physical therapy exercises. And THEN I go to work. T\thank goodness on a commuter bus where I can rest. And read. There are not enough hours in a day. But I encourage you to take some out for yourself, as trite as it sounds. And try not to...
Welcome to The Cat Site. There are LOADS of articles about the best food for cats on The Cat Site. Wet food is better for cats than dry food, in most every instance. But some people's schedules don't allow for 100% wet food. Here is an article about this. Here is an article about wet food and one about dry food. Why did you decide on a chicken neck, just curious. Are you considering feeding 100% raw in the future? There are lots of articles about raw feeding too on...
You might check out this thread for recipe ideas. Personally I hate to cook, so that's why I chose prey model raw.