or Connect

Posts by Ritz

MyPetCarnivore sells some dehydrated organs, including liver. You might want to call them and ask if they will ship dehydrated organs to Alaska. (5% secreting organ meats : kidney, pancreas, spleen, brain, thymus, thyroid, and testes.) https://www.mypetcarnivore.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=3&virtuemart_category_id=6&lang=en HareToday also sells dehydrated organs. You might want to call them and ask if they will ship...
cute, thanks for sharing. Out of curosity, where was this filmed? USA?
I don't have any personal experience with automatic feeders, but here are some reviews. There are several threads that ask the same question; here is one. I fed prey model raw and was considering buying an automatic feeder. During the work week I am gone 12 hours, and Ritz is starvin' marvin' when I get home, and she will sometimes vomit if she eats, after not eating for a prolonged period of time. But as I understand it, a gravity feeder operates on, well, gravity,...
In case others are reading who may not know: heart is considered a muscle meat, not organ. It has a fair amount of taurine (a good thing).
Glad to be of service And any liver is fine, doesn't have to be beef.
There is something known as petting agression. Cats like petting to a certain point--and every cat has a different 'point'. Cues that your cat has reached that point (at least in Ritz' case) include tail swishing. Here is an article about petting agression and here is one about agression in general. With Ritz I pet her and stop every minute or so and wait until she 'tells' me she wants more (looks adoring at me, rubs her head against my hand).
Actually I don't use the pH strips, never have (no way would Ritz stand still, she is a nervous cat at best). I only know they are needed if you want to get an accurate reading of the acidity of your cat's urine. And, I believe required if you want to add something like l-methonine to his food. L-methonine is the additive used in a lot of Rx foods for urinary health. As is sodium, the theory being sodium/salt will make a cat thirsty so he will drink more water. The...
I'm so very sorry.
Oh how cute. Ritz and I have a routine at 3 a.m.; she wakes me up, and I give her a belly rub. That's the least she could let me do at 3 a.m.....A nice way to start the day.
I read the ingredients in the products you mention, and it specifically mentions liver, along with this language: "The average prey animal has about 10% to 15% bone, about 10% organs, and the rest muscle and fat and connective tissue. That is Mother Nature's model and therefore our model ratio for all of our Whole Ground products." Personally I would not add liver. However, I would dilute the ground with a piece of meat/lamb because it is a little high in bone for my...