or Connect

Posts by Ritz

On one hand, I thank you for caring enough to rescue this cat from outside. On the other hand, I'm really really concerned, worried that if the cat doesn't receive vet care, she will die and not pleasantly. The fact that she is having trouble walking and not grooming herself, among the other symptoms, leads me to believe that she is very very ill and needs medical care. She may be pooping so much she can't maintain her weight, which is why she may have trouble walking. ...
Chicken necks are fairly long, big and hard. I would cut it up in pieces, you need a strong, sturdy pair of scissors or knife. Or, put the necks in a plastic bag and hammer it (yes, hammer). That will break up the pieces. On the other hand, you might start out with a chicken wing, the smallest part, and see what your cat does with it. I fed prey model raw. I use to feed commercial raw, but didn't like having to make a special trip to an independent pet food store. ...
Welcome to The Cat Site; sorry it's under these conditions. Many cats are allergic to fish, so it certainly possible. I would discontinue immediately feeding all fish and fish based products. If a simple food allergy, should clear up pretty quickly. Note that you need to read the labels carefully; sometimes 'beef' flavored food actually has fish in it. The problem with putting any topical solution on the fur is, your cat will lick it off, so you need to check with your...
I think certain cats come into our lives to teach us something. We may not know what that 'something' is for month/years. Or as someone wise said, until I the student am ready to learn. Meanwhile it's frustrating. Why can't I figure out what Ritz is telling/teaching me! Vent all you want! PS: have you tried putting foil paper on the countertops (or, would he eat them too.....)?
Thank you so much for your efforts and caring. I fell in love with several stray and some blind cats while I vacationed in Greece but knew it was impractical for me to take any home. My resident cat would have strongly disapproved. Each and every country has its own rules and regulations regarding bringing cats (dogs, etc) into the country; the rules are very specific to the country. You should contact the Egyptian Society for Mercy to Animals; email mona@esmaegypt.org. ...
And, do keep a look out for sales; HT and My Pet Carnivore have them frequently. I'd go that route for proteins I can't buy in the USA, like Llama or kangaroo.
Hugs and prayers. Personally if I were you I'd start/continue to take lots of pictures and videos. And do the cream cheese and danish diet (basically, what ever he wants to eat he can have).
Have you checked out My Pet Carnivore ? They ship from Indiannapolis, and have LOTS of different proteins. I do not know if they have a minimum order. I too finally--after saying I would for two years--got a freezer at a yard sale for $50. Right size for what I need. I only have ordered once from Hare Today (pre-freezer). I will be watching their sales; missed the one for Rabbit fur and all. Once factor that keeps me from ordering is the minimum amount, and volume. ...
Oh what adorable kittens! Yes them using the litter box is a good sign--and it also instinct. To bury poop and pee (and, sometimes, food). I forgot to add that you're doing an even more stupendous job in socializing kittens: the general rule of thumb is that socializing feral kittens over four months old is really really difficult (some would say impossible). So the fact that the cats will eat from your hands is wonderful! And the mother cat: actually, she doesn't look...
I think fur can change according to climate. I know it is dryer in the winter, and Ritz' skin seems to twitch more then. You can try to get him to drink more water--and the water in Boston is different from the water in Finland. Might try bottled water. But you mention feeding him more fish: are they any other dietary changes since you moved from Boston to Finland (and, how long ago was that). Even if you were feeding your cat fish in Boston, no doubt the type of fish...