or Connect

Posts by Ritz

Ritz pees about once a day, sometimes twice a day. I've been feeding prey model raw (frakenprey) for almost three years. She was fixated on Fancy Feast Classic seafood before I transitioned her (a little too abruptly as it turned out). She is prone to stress induced UTIs, and continues to have minor problems. Now, if she doesn't pee in 36 to 48 hours, then I get worries. That's happened twice in the past two months--she peed and pooped just not in the litter box..... ...
Oh what good news! "legal ownership" depends upon the country/city/county you live in. Some cities/counties in the USA say, if you feed the cat, you own the cat, so you are responsible for care, etc., including potential law suits if the cat bit a neighbor. Some cities/counties have taken a more enlightened approach and either don't say one way or the other or say, you're not legal responsible. In some jurisdictions, it is illegal to let an unfixed cat roam outside--but...
Yes, I noticed that, wonder how long the sale lasts-- and I JUST GOT A FREEZER. Here is a thread I need to read again about rabbit fur and all.
I don't know much about pregnant cats, but based on this article, eight days to be producing milk is a long time. Are you sure it's milk and not colostrum? Here is a thread about milk. Do you have ANY idea when she became pregnant? Is she showing any other signs of impending delivery? What does the vet say?
I am cheap, don't like to spend any more money than I absolutely have to, so have held out buying a freezer. Some were too big. And I was concerned that my townhouse didn't have enough electrical load to support a freezer. So far so good. And Ritz took to raw feeding right away. I started her on Primal to see if she would recognize raw food as, well food. She did, and I eventually moved to prey model raw because it suits my lifestyle more.
I would again clean thoroughly the chair and other places she peed in--whether she is in heat or not. Unfixed male cats urine is very very smelly strong; I don't know if the same is true to female cats. Also remember that cats can smell what humans never can. And get another litter box--they are inexpensive enough.
Is the litter box scrupulously clean? And how many litter boxes do you have? I recently ran into a problem with Ritz peeing outside the litter box, in the first case, in the next room, in the 2nd case, same room, as her litter box. Turned out she was really bothered by the smells surrounding the litter box (pee pad). I'm glad your friend is taking her to the vets; the dark pee worries me. So does the big belly.
Yeah for you and your cats. I FINALLY BOUGHT A FREEZER. I've been wanting one for + three years, and finally found one that is the right size and at the right price ($50--yard sale). So far, no electrical circuits blown. Now I can stock up on sell-by-date meats @ 50% off original price. AND order from Hare Today. They are having a sale on rabbits (fur and all), tempting..... I've been wanting to see if Ritz would eat a mice. She is an adventurous eater, enjoying...
Glad you found a pharmacy that will compound. That's what I do when I have to give Ritz prescription medicine. If the drug is common, my local grocery store will compound it using bubblegum flavor. I also go to another pharmacy that specializes in compounding; they will compound the medication using chicken/tuna flavoring. A couple of notes: the vet must approve compounding. Usually this isn't an issue unless the medication is delayed action (technical term may not be...
A compromise might be to build a winter shelter, flush up against your house (warmer that way). You can build elaborate ones or a simple plastic container lined with styrofoam and straw [not hay]. The type of shelter also depends on how handy you are with a hammer and whether you have access to electricity. There are several winter shelter...