or Connect

Posts by Ritz

Friend is probably correct in that normality needs to be reestablished. I like the cat nip trick / tip, though it would only work for cats that react to cat nip. Some don't, like my own cat, Ritz.
I'm happy for you and Stu. At the least, he'll remember not all humans are bad
Yes, I do think she would recognize the territory. I'm not sure if you intend to keep her there or it is just for a visit. In any case, your cat may try to return to her other (your) home. It depends on how bonded she is to you and to where she is living. Long story short: a cat (Buckley) a friend had been fostering for nine months escaped her house. Two weeks later, two miles away, Buckley returned to where he was originally trapped and removed. Which happened to be...
What you may be seeing is the Third Eye, which usually only shows when the cat is sick. Is she eating/playing/peeing/pooping normally? If she is not doing any of these things--especially eating--then I would at the least call the vets. If she is doing these normally, then I'd wait a night, but monitor her carefully.
I haven't applied because I don't think I do enough for the ferals. But my therapist said I should "own" my good works... Long story short: Ritz made me do it. I noticed her and her litter mates and the mother cat around my condo building in November 2009. A friend trapped the kittens the day after Christmas, moved them into her home, and I helped socialize the kittens. I'd never been around cats before (except for a week with my grandmother's cat who shared her...
"Did you not get the memo that you just ate?!" This after Ritz ate two hours ago. And, "I have to go to work now to keep you in Kibble [and veal/rabbit/sirlon steak]" And: "I love you I miss you and I haven't even left the house...."
Maybe he doesn't need to eat as much food because raw food is much thoroughly available, nutrition wise, then canned or dry food. So is it a problem with the type of protein or amount of food? Or does he associate vomiting with the meat? You might try feeding him a bit of raw mixed with canned, kind of like re-educating/re-associating the raw food with upset stomach. What meat can you get: beef? pork? kangaroo? (Where do you live?) I'd try any meat / poultry that is...
First, you have to thoroughly clean (and maybe more than once) every area where she has peed/pooped. There are several articles about litter boxes--placement, how many, how to clean. Do you know what litter she was using and what kind of box? And how many litter boxes do you have? The normal ratio is: one litter box for every cat, plus one. Which makes three in your case I think. Good luck!
Don't really have much useful advice but the word Bleach jumped out at me: maybe she is particularly sensitive to that smell? OTOH, some cats *like* the smell of bleach. If there is a litter box she always avoid, perhaps getting a new one (you can get them cheap at the hardware store--look for a paint type of tray). But it could also be she associates messy, smelly stool and discomfort with the litter box. And yes the other cat doesn't help... Finally, there are several...
Prayers and vibes too. Hint for retrapping: add something different from what was in the first trap. I swear by catnip (I put it in the food and/or sprinkle it on the tuna fish oil leading from the door to beyond the trip switch).