or Connect

Posts by Ritz

I too have been 'window shopping' at HT. I've been wanting to buy some one day old quail/rabbit and mice to see if she would like it (she loves chicken heads). I fed prey model raw. Ritz loves rabbit but it is a PIA to debone when I buy it at the international supermarket. I never thought of ordering it with fur, but now.... Also wondered about constipation, which Ritz is a little prone to. Any idea how much bone is in the rabbit? I normally feed Ritz bone three times a...
It looks pretty good--how old is your cat? Blue Healthy has a decent reputation. I do note these ingredients: Ground Brown Rice, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Cranberries, .... , Carrageenan. Some cats have problems with Carrageenan (my human nutritionist hates this additive). It seems a little low in calories and fat, but I fed raw, so I'm sure other people will weigh in.
You all aren't imposing on ME or Becky. Becky wants to see the ASPCA as much as I do (Becky = dogs; Cindy = cats) and I don't do well doing nothing--shopping included. It would be a good opportunity to meet you all, though I fully realize it would mean missing work from our jobs. And work is important: it keeps our furbabies in kibble and EVO and venison and cat trees and blankets.....
(It's you, not me.... ) Hope it works on your home computer. I have similar issues with other sites.
My twin sister (Becky) and I. And Jean, the tour guide/organizer. As far as I know she doesn't post on TCS, but she is an active volunteer for P.A.W.S. and, I believe, a shelter on the Eastern Shore. Thanks.
You could also try 'petting' him with a really soft feather that is at the end of a wand. Usually this is a toy, but in this case, you can just gentle touch him with the feather. Maybe caress their cheeks with the feather. If they lean into it, it means they like it; then try seeing if they will tolerate rubbing the blunt end of the stick around the neck area (am I making sense?)
First, I applaud you for taking care of these cats. I assume a rigorous TNR program is in place. I'm a little confused--you say the cats are not real active. Are they indoor cats or outdoor? If outdoor, they may hunt, thus won't need as much food (calories) as an indoor cat. I don't much about dry food and not a whole lot about canned (I feed prey model raw), but here is what I found/learned, and I'm sure others will post. Here is a link to a good article. Within...
Try this one http://www.catinfo.org/?link=cannedfoods#Commercial_Foods. The link to the chart (PDF format is within the body of the article, under the heading "Commercial Foods".
Oh, thanks for the information about Coney Island. That is invaluable. We're use to the nice beaches of Ocean City, New Jersey, where I vacationed and worked as a young child, my mother visited as a young child--80 years ago.
Good, very glad to hear it. Maybe other people who know much more than I do will suggest what specific tests you should ask for and whether your cat needs have fasted. The devil IS in the details.