or Connect

Posts by Ritz

Some cats are predisposed to gingivitus, at least, that's what my vet said when Ritz had her second dental cleaning in around two years. In Ritz' case, it may be due to poor nutrition as a kitten; she and her litter mates (and mother cat) were dumped when they were around four months old. In November. And survived a 20" snow storm. I've been feeding Raw (including bone) for about three years. One of the reasons I fed bone is because it takes a millisecond longer for...
Welcome to The Cat Site; sorry you're having problems. Leaking urine is not normal, but under these circumstances may be, temporarily. Does the vet/you know WHY Baby keeps on blocking. It may take a couple of days for the antibiotics to kick in: I assume that is what the vet prescribed (as well as pain meds?? Is the Hills c/d dry or wet food? Neutral is NOT 5 to 7, it is more like 6 or 6.5. In other words, it is a specific number. I think you should find out what that...
Actually the problem with feline herpes is that it can become chronic; it's a manageable disease but not curable. And actually FeLK is pretty serious; while it's not leukemia per se, it can cause other chronic conditions. It's particularly heartbreaking when kittens are definitely diagnosed with FeLK (there are false positives). I volunteer for a cat sanctuary that has a separate room for FeLK cats. The sweetest kitten of around six months old is FeLK+; you look at him,...
Sorry you're having problems. Maybe go back to square one? Find a really high quality canned food and mix a tiny bit of raw into that; gradually increase the proportion of raw:canned. And it's unclear to me what form of raw you feed--ground? prey model raw? Not sure what country you live in (the 'grams' is a dead give-away ), but can you find commercial raw (has the consistency of canned food). Maybe Charlie is turned off by the texture/shape.
PS: I don't think I did the quotes right ....
I guess Applwas would help--provided your cat chews the food and doesn't swallow it whole.
It is incorrect that only lean red meat can be served uncooked to cats. Really, cats can eat any raw poultry, meat if you the human follow common sense precautions like: don't leave meat sitting on the counter for five hours and then feed it to your cat. Small bones (UNCOOKED UNCOOKED) are great for cleaning teeth. Chicken wings (the smallest part) are really good to start off a cat.
Maybe I'm missing something (or need better glasses) but I did not see methionine on the list of ingredients of Purina ProPlus, at least, not their web site. Of course, the formula may have changed which may be reflected on the bag itself. The ingredients for chicken UTI wet food also does not list as an additive methionine. Interesting about increasing carbs and thereby lowering protein (magnesium/phosphorous) which are components of stone. Turkey breast has the highest...
Not like this before, but I know there is a competition among coffee barista, having to do with, among other events, artistic toppings.
Sorry Felix is having a rough time of it--as you are too. The only thing that comes to mind is: what food was he fed at the shelter and what food are you feeding him now? Change in food/food sensitivity can cause diarrhea. I would also ask your vet if you could give Felix a probiotic (human kind is fine); might settle his gut.