or Connect

Posts by Ritz

Thanks. Hercules is all male; I just wasn't use to an affectionate cat!
Sometimes it's the texture of the commercial raw rather than the flavor; at least, that was the case with Ritz.
I'm glad you're going to do more research before beginning to feed raw. I'm not sure what you mean by "nuggets". Dry food is (duh!) hard, but cats tend to swallow hole dry food, so "chewing" dry food doesn't really help with teeth. In my opinion, it is a really a matter of personal preference whether you feed prey model raw or commercial raw and whether your cat will recognize commercial raw or prey model raw as, well, food. Some people like the security of feeding...
Some kitties love love cat grass--and then promptly throw it up. Ritz is like that. So I limit the amount/time she has access to cat grass. Ritz is a strictly indoor cat, so I buy the cat grass at the local pet food store. Now that spring is here, I will grow it in pots. I will use organic soil and organic seeds. Which leads me to my question/concern: I think it is okay for a cat to eat cat grass as a treat, but make 110% sure there have been no chemicals / fertilizer...
Welcome to The Cat Site. Glad you're taking him to the vets (hope it's sooner rather than later). We are not experts in the medical sense (I don't wear a white coat or play a doctor on tv). My first thought is that he has injured himself somewhere along the spine or is developing arthritis, though the urination is puzzling, concerning, especially given it's a repeat performance. Do you have fleas yet where you live? If he is developing/has a joint/cartiledge problem, you...
Thanks for the update. What a good detective you are!
Welcome to The Cat Site, and sorry it's under these conditions. Three quick questions: has he had a complete medical workup? And, is he neutered. And finally what kind of cleaning agent are you using after your cat urinates on inappropriate stuff? Really must be an enyzyme cleaner like Nature's Miracle or Furry Paws. Meanwhile, here is an article that covers litter box issues. And for the definitive book on litter box issues, here is a book (57 pages) on the subject
Welcome to The Cat Site. And, thank you for caring. There are several current/recent threads that address this issue, including this one. The rule of thumb (paw?) is: if the cat can put some weight on the paw, it probably is not broken. It could be a simple sprain, pulled muscle, in which case only time will heal that. It is possible there is some kind of wound/absess on the leg which causes the cat to limp. I don't know what the different clues might be; certainly,...
Welcome to The Cat Site. Rascel looks beautiful, lovely cat. Um, how do you know Rascel is a male? I have TNRd 35 cats; I can't tell you how many times I swore "Becky" was female only to have to rename her "Buckley" after neutering. I don't have a lot of personal experience with this situation, although I have been around a lot of cats, but here are my thoughts. Honestly, I think the most immediate action you need to take is to determine if in fact there are any kittens. ...
Oh please do! Glad you got an appointment with the vet. Peace of mind, if nothing else.