or Connect

Posts by Ritz

Actually I don't use the pH strips, never have (no way would Ritz stand still, she is a nervous cat at best). I only know they are needed if you want to get an accurate reading of the acidity of your cat's urine. And, I believe required if you want to add something like l-methonine to his food. L-methonine is the additive used in a lot of Rx foods for urinary health. As is sodium, the theory being sodium/salt will make a cat thirsty so he will drink more water. The...
I'm so very sorry.
Oh how cute. Ritz and I have a routine at 3 a.m.; she wakes me up, and I give her a belly rub. That's the least she could let me do at 3 a.m.....A nice way to start the day.
I read the ingredients in the products you mention, and it specifically mentions liver, along with this language: "The average prey animal has about 10% to 15% bone, about 10% organs, and the rest muscle and fat and connective tissue. That is Mother Nature's model and therefore our model ratio for all of our Whole Ground products." Personally I would not add liver. However, I would dilute the ground with a piece of meat/lamb because it is a little high in bone for my...
Some spay/neuter clinics will loan/rent you a trap, or you leave a deposit and if you return the trap, you'll get your deposit back. Some low cost s/n clinics have a sliding scale regarding cost. Also National Feral Cat Day is October 16th; some places are offering specials that day. A quick internet search reveals this low cost s/n clinic.
Some cats like dehydrated liver instead of the real thing. Lots of options, there. My pet Carnivore also sells dehydrated treats, including liver. Make sure you get 100% liver, no other additives, in this case. Oh, and it doesn't matter whether the treat is marketed to dogs or cats; size and ingredient matters. I *believe* the ratio is 1:4, so 1/8 teaspoon of dried liver = 4/8 teaspoon of liver. (Somebody--feel free to correct me.) You don't have to feed liver every...
Glad you're taking her to the vets--always better safe than sorry. It *might* be the third eyelid, which is generally a sign a cat is feeling poorly. As is ANY change in behavior, even if seemingly for the better, i.e., being more affectionate. Let us know what the vet says.
You know that's a good question--and I'm still trying to find out the answer. I know it partly depends on how much the cat does (and, um, should) weigh. Here is a kind of related thread and this one. It is important to note that you should feed other types of proteins besides mice.
To reduce stress, try to play with him until he is tired out (which is way after you will be : ) Kittens especially have excess energy. And get some Feliway (much cheaper on Amazon) and Composure treats. To correct behavior: you can try to correct the situation, which hopefully will lead to a change in behavior. The area where he poops must be thoroughly thoroughly cleaned. I recently went through a similar episode with Ritz (first time ever in the five years since...
Continual problems, affects my ability to post.