or Connect

Posts by Ritz

So i dont scare myself too much, besides this site, could you recommend the best site for a 9 month old kitten who has been preliminary diagnosed with CKD based on blood work ( creatine 2.4) and previous blood urine results. Sudden anorexia only symptom, though still decreased appetite. Also can't find a lot of information about causes of CKD in kittens. Rescused from under a car in July, drank gallons of water. Blood and urine results went back to norma except urine...
Everyone has said I would have said. Don't know if this is common in the UK, but I would also get your new cat microchip. Cats are innately curious, and if he were to get out, be startled and run away. Good luck!
I remember you & your user name. Welcome back!
Is there a Yes and No option? Ritz (resident cat for six years, now around 6.5 years old, female )use to sleep in between my legs during the colder months, rarely in the summer. Now with the addition of a new kitten (rescued from underneath a car five months ago, and now around nine months old; female) Dahalia takes over the bed. She curls around my arm, rests her chin on my arm, sometimes ends up between my legs and has occasionally crawled under the sheets to...
@MTGAL Interesting that you should mention ‘energy’. Ritz (six years old, female) and Dahalia (nine months old, female) have wide ups and wide downs. They’ve had full access to one another, 24x7, for about three months. They will now sleep on the same sofa (opposite ends), and eat together in the kitchen (apart from one another but sometimes together). If Ritz is half sleep on my lap, Ritz will allow Dahalia to sleep on my legs. But Ritz the resident cat (for 6 years)...
I'm no expert, but I believe females can go into heat any time, regardless of the weather. And I know females can get pregnant if there is a Tom around, regardless of the temperature outside. Not sure where you live, but in Maryland we have had a very warm November/December (Saturday's high: 65). I take care of a small community cat colony and I know at least one kitten was born around January (tried multiple times but could not trap her before she gave birth). I am...
I don't know where in Washington State you live, but I searched and found 38 holistic vets in Washington . Do read their bios/expertise carefully; some vets may be experts at acupuncture but have limited nutritional knowledge about raw feeding for cats. (Raw feeding for dogs is a little more accepted.) Ritz’ "microalbuminuria" is low so I don’t need to worry about kidney problems. The vet suspects the reason her protein reading was high was due to the concentration of...
I *may* have a more than cursory interest in this topic; Ritz' protein levels have been high over several repeat tests. The lab is further analyzing her urine for (some technical name) to see if it's something "we really have to worry about". Ritz is showing NO signs of kidney issues; she is six years old. I have been feeding Ritz Raw (prey model) for about three or four years (using bone). But I am also relieved that should the need arise, there is a holistic vet at the...
Thank you for rescuing this cat. I volunteer with a cat sanctuary, currently they have around 90 cats. While there is a separate room for FeLK cats and a separate one for FIV+ cats (and a third room for 'feral' cats), if the FIV+ cat is friendly, the cat sanctuary has no problem letting the FIV+ cat mingle with the General Population and the owners' personal cats.
Glad things are going well for you. At best, Ritz tolerates Dahalia ): Ritz is somewhat food obsessed but interestingly, makes no move towards Dahalia's food (who gets more than Ritz). Personally I would go with timed feeding, get the cats use to sooner rather than later. I feed raw, so I would recommend you go over to the Cat Nutrition or Pregnant Cats and Kitten Care forums for advice. Good luck!