New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by ReallySleepy

 Heh... no doubt they read The Cat Site.
Many people have reservations against Profender. Have a look at this thread:   http://www.thecatsite.com/t/211712/profender
 It is a little unclear how those $4,000 were covered. However, if they actually billed over $4,000 for an MRI, that is perfectly crazy. My mother needed an MRI eight years ago. She could have had it for free or almost for free - one usually has to pay a small portion of the price - but she had to wait six weeks, and we could not wait that long. So we paid the full price for the MRI, and it cost us something like $250. This was in Oslo, Norway. It's possible that this...
First, about licking the gravy. Most types of wet food that I see come in the form of pate. I don't know the wet foods available on your side of the ocean, but there should be plenty of excellent pates.   As for Orijen, many owners say their cat puts on weight eating this food, so it is worth a try. But all cats don't like or tolerate all foods. My own cat did not like Orijen, so I give him Acana, which is roughly the same thing, made by the same company, and he loves it.
 You may be right that 20 pounds may be a good weight for him. The body score diagrams all agree that as long as you can see a "hip" near the rear end, the cat is not overweight, and I can see a "hip". Maybe I worry too much just because the vets say he is overweight. He could need to take off one pound, but he is certainly not obese. My cat's schedule changes all the time, but he normally gets much more than two meals a day. He will often spend the entire day inside. He...
I am not sure how what I said was libertarian. In any case, I am not part of this debate. I just think that forcing people to buy something by law is a really sick idea. If everyone is "needed in the pool", it is better to do that with taxes.
 Ahem. You can choose not to drive a car, but you cannot choose not to need health care - slight difference.
Quote: No need to be sorry. You are very helpful, and it's nice to see a fresh perspective on these issues.As to the wet food I mentioned, the figures listed differ sllghtly depending on where you read them. Fairly often, the sum of percentages exceed 100%, so one must definitely take them with a pinch of salt. What irritates me much more is when the percentages add up to,much less than 100%. The Acana dry food that I buy have ingredients whose percentages add up to...
 Sure, that's what I try to do, but I hate to deny him food when he says he is hungry. I am not sure I understand everything you say here and on the Young Again website. So let me take a concrete example. My cat eats mostly wet food, typically Animonda Carny, which has these ingredients: Protein 11.5%, Fat 6.5%, Fibre 0.5%, Ash 1.8%, Moisture 79%. The sum is 99.3%, and at least some of the remaining 0.7% is Taurine. Am I right that this food contains virtually zero carbs?...
Hi, MixedStripes.   If your cat is picky - happens to all cats - it's hard to know what to do except try more brands.   I also order from zooplus. I cannot afford "posh" wet food, but there are cheaper brands that are perfectly OK as far as I can tell. Currently, my cat eats Bozita (Swedish), Animonda Carny (German) and Smilla (German). I definitely think you should not go back to more supermarket brands, given that what you can get from zooplus is better and not more...
New Posts  All Forums: