Posts by hbunny

Don't know.  I know that our lady that went to the bridge last summer at age 18 was on the GI diet and the Hill's A/D for really sick kitties for a long time.  She seemed to gain weight on it.  As to it being better, I don't know.  But it was a necessary evil at the time since it was all we could get her to eat at all.   I think raw is great...but I just can't do it.  And not that I'm squeamish or anything, I don't mind doing it at all, I gave mine some raw chicken bits...
You said June.....I meant to add---how long has he been acting this way?  Has there been a change in your household that has upset his routine?  Has the dog always been in the household since he arrived?
@cheshirebite How long have you and your family had him living with you? 
I know when I had my Mousie (his actual name was RJ's Blue Mojo--we loved him so much!) my vet never could come up with a cause for his diarrhea, even after a ton of $$ spent on testing.  They thought IBS, all sorts of things.  At that time in my life, I honestly just didn't have the $$ to go back to the vet so I basically just put him on a very bland diet, and lo and behold, it worked.  I remember I fed him boiled chicken, boiled pork chops, gave him the broth cooked off...
I'd be getting concerned about dehydration if she was going from one litter pan to another, not even allowing you time to clean.  Is there another vet in your area you can go to?   I just saw this thread....wanted to add I had a pedigreed Persian in the 90's (sadly lost him in our house fire in 94) and he had severe diarrhea anytime I fed him cat food, any cat food.  Back then I had never heard of raw food diets or anything, but I just started cooking his food at home...
I'm in full agreement with @Kieka that it doesn't sound from your 2nd explanation that it's heat meowing, but it is possible for them to go into heat at 4 months.  It's just not common.  Glad to hear you have her spay already booked, and here's hoping she doesn't go into heat before March.  I had a feral I had booked for a spay at 5 months that went into heat the week of her spay.  They still did it, but charged me a lot more, and she had to spend 2 nights at the vet...
Yes, that!     Thank you for taking her in!  How traumatizing, for your special person to disappear. After my nervous guy settled down, he is the equivalent of a living, snuggling, hot water bottle.  But it took a lot of tiptoeing around for a bit and letting him slowly get used to everything.  He still explores, plunders...learning his environment.  But he at least isn't afraid of a paper towel anymore...and believe me, that's a huge step in our household with...
Is it possible she is coming into heat?  I have seen posts on here where certain breeds (like Siamese) can come into heat as young as four months.  It causes incessant howling, yowling. I thought of that first thing when you said she was "acting up lately".  It is quite possible, and if it is, the only solution will be to have her spayed.   However, I do wonder if it is the separation from you.  And I hate to say it, but she may need to be in a home where she can sleep...
She is very much in shock from being removed from the home she knew, and the loss of her special person.  I would allow her much more time to settle in well before thinking there is a true problem.  I know you have to deal with her reactions as you move through your home, but she more than likely she is suffering much more than her appearances give away.  She is in a strange place, strange people, strange sounds, strange smells.  And I've learned to think that all hold...
No, sadly, never been to D.C.  Do you (or have you ever) use power tools regularly?  I used to not be a bit afraid to pick up a chainsaw, now I am skittish of power tools.  Never was for years, don't know what happened.