Posts by hbunny

PS---I think it is awesome of you to do what you are doing!!!
A friend of mine goes to "bent can" stores, I think it's called a salvage grocery store, and buys up all their Fancy Feast rejects and gets them for $0.10 to $0.15 cents a can.  If you have one of those stores in your area check it out.  I don't have one near me unfortunately or I'd be doing it for sure.  She gets really good brands too sometimes, just the cans are dented.  Also ask at Petco and Petsmart if you have one near you about anything they have that is cheaper,...
Is it near the spot where you applied the Revolution??  If it is, please check with your vet.  My little female has a permanent bald spot from where Revolution was applied.  And it was applied by my vet, not me, so it was in the right spot.  Her skin never showed any sign of irritation or redness, her fur just fell out, and has never grown back, and that was back during last summer.  Her fur patch didn't go bald until about a week after it was applied. My vet said he would...
Do you know who the colony caretakers are?  If you don't, you might try looking in the neighborhood mornings and evenings and see if you see someone coming to feed the colony and catch them and talk with them.  I know a lot of feral colonies are cared for by a neighborhood in general, just whichever house they go to is where they get fed, but a lot are also cared for by a group or a few individuals perpetually.  If you could speak to the folks that are doing the TNR, and...
She is beautiful! 
My 13 year old lived his first 7 years outdoors, although he was neutered at age 1.  It took him a few weeks to completely forget about his desire to go outside, but now he never thinks about it.  He went deaf a few years back, and it really makes me glad that we brought him in when we did.  He is a perfect gentleman in the house too!!   Don't let the age/background deter you from making him a fully indoor kitty.  Maybe he is ready to retire his wild life and live the good...
Welcome, and thank you for taking in a baby that had a very poor future if it weren't for you!!  Thank you!!   It took my boys 7 months before they could be in the same area together for any length of time.  I would definitely say have patience...do it on their timetable....and keep site swapping.  It sounds like you are doing the right things--just watch and do not let them together.  Every time ours had a random, accidental encounter, it seemed to cause a setback of...
Way to go Artie!  I swear I think he is pooping more than any of my cats now--at least he is definitely more artistic about it!  They do frequent nuggets....that's why I say I'm "panning for gold" when I scoop!
I'm jonesing for my Artie report here too!  I hope all is well.  Sounds like Artie is doing great if he is being Mr. Plunderpuss.  I can always tell when Wurp is feeling his Wheaties, he becomes a royal pain in my butt!
I have Spectrum at home too...that used to be Time-Warner...I've had much better service since they've been purchased by Spectrum.  Of course that could change tomorrow, but I've noticed many improvements over what we had!