What's on Your Mind Thread - 2024

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is an acceptable gift for a high school graduate? In this case; my cousin’s eldest son. We haven’t seen each other in YEARS because we both live away from where we were born. I’ve never met any of his kids and vice versa. I do see my aunt and uncle sometimes. We always exchange cards at Christmas.

I’m very happy to send a card in response to the graduation announcement. I’m just not sure how much to send. I don’t think it needs to be as much as I do for my own nieces and nephews. Is $30 enough? :dunno:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thought about this hairball puking business and only realized now that not one of our cats ever puked a hairball! Alls I can think is that they were indoor/outdoor so maybe did their business outside? Or nibbled extra outdoor roughage that made it go down not up? Lord knows they would cough up bits of whatever they caught out there, mostly the awful offal.
My cat Coco puked up a huge hairball today for the first time since I rescued her 7 years ago

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thought about this hairball puking business and only realized now that not one of our cats ever puked a hairball! Alls I can think is that they were indoor/outdoor so maybe did their business outside? Or nibbled extra outdoor roughage that made it go down not up? Lord knows they would cough up bits of whatever they caught out there, mostly the awful offal.
Consider yourself lucky. At least once a week, I find a hairball somewhere in the house. In fact, just yesterday I found a big one in one of the cat trees. Bashful and Stretch are the usual suspects, but the others contribute their fair share as well.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is an acceptable gift for a high school graduate? In this case; my cousin’s eldest son. We haven’t seen each other in YEARS because we both live away from where we were born. I’ve never met any of his kids and vice versa. I do see my aunt and uncle sometimes. We always exchange cards at Christmas.

I’m very happy to send a card in response to the graduation announcement. I’m just not sure how much to send. I don’t think it needs to be as much as I do for my own nieces and nephews. Is $30 enough? :dunno:
You should send him $20.24 - for his graduation year. I've seen that around as a fun idea for graduates you're not super close to!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hope you are feeling OK despite the accident. I won't use a mandoline or similar slicer for that very reason.
I ordered a protective glove from Amazon for mine. It's saved me any number of times, and since I take all of those blood thinners, that's an almost literal statement!