The Positive Thread - 2024

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was 9 years old my mom tried getting tickets to a George Strait concert for me because I absolutely loved him. The tickets sold out in minutes (this was pre-everything being online). I was disappointed of course, but I moved on. About a year ago, I randomly thought about seeing a George Strait concert and I kind of become hyperfixated on doing that at some point but he does very limited stadiums now so it just never worked out.

Well, yesterday he had a show in Ames, Iowa, which is 3.5 hours from my house. On Wednesday, I started seriously considering buying a last minute ticket (single seats were significantly reduced) as a birthday gift to myself (my birthday is in 9 days) and I still hadn't made a decision Friday evening. Yesterday around noon, I bought my ticket to see George Strait and I drove 3.5 hours to Iowa to see him. Yes, I did drive home immediately after the concert too and didn't get home until 4am. I am exhausted today.

Seeing him in concert was not only dream I've had for nearly 29 years, it's on my 40 Before 40 bucket list that I can now officially cross off. I'm so glad I went, because I was experiencing a lot of anxiety around going alone and also leaving my dogs for so long without a potty break (they did great and had no accidents). I guess it's just a lesson for me to do the spontaneous thing sometimes, especially if it's something I really want to do but feel anxious about.
Happy 40th Birthday- glad you had a great time,good for you👍❤

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When I was 9 years old my mom tried getting tickets to a George Strait concert for me because I absolutely loved him. The tickets sold out in minutes (this was pre-everything being online). I was disappointed of course, but I moved on. About a year ago, I randomly thought about seeing a George Strait concert and I kind of become hyperfixated on doing that at some point but he does very limited stadiums now so it just never worked out.

Well, yesterday he had a show in Ames, Iowa, which is 3.5 hours from my house. On Wednesday, I started seriously considering buying a last minute ticket (single seats were significantly reduced) as a birthday gift to myself (my birthday is in 9 days) and I still hadn't made a decision Friday evening. Yesterday around noon, I bought my ticket to see George Strait and I drove 3.5 hours to Iowa to see him. Yes, I did drive home immediately after the concert too and didn't get home until 4am. I am exhausted today.

Seeing him in concert was not only dream I've had for nearly 29 years, it's on my 40 Before 40 bucket list that I can now officially cross off. I'm so glad I went, because I was experiencing a lot of anxiety around going alone and also leaving my dogs for so long without a potty break (they did great and had no accidents). I guess it's just a lesson for me to do the spontaneous thing sometimes, especially if it's something I really want to do but feel anxious about.
I'm so glad you got to go to that concert. I still get "Write this down" stuck in my head on occasion!!

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise

Good for you! Just driving seven hours to/from a concert in a day is one of those bucket list adventures so two for the list.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah I'm taking 6 classes this summer and 8 in the fall. Going to make for a very interesting fall....working full time, 8 classes, and the Packer season.
I think it sounds fantastic- I worked through all of my student years ,undergraduate and post.....an active busy mind and body builds character and you know what they say,lol
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger " AND smarter and wiser too❤

I wish you the very best😄

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think it sounds fantastic- I worked through all of my student years ,undergraduate and post.....an active busy mind and body builds character and you know what they say,lol
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger " AND smarter and wiser too❤

I wish you the very best😄
I have Dax here to help me study to. She was a little sad when I told her all my textbooks were digital so she couldn't lay on them. She will have to settle on sitting on my notebooks and homework if I end up doing things out by hand.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
She will have to settle on sitting on my notebooks and homework if I end up doing things out by hand.
Maybe she can sit on your lap to make up for not being able to sit on your notebooks/homework. :lovecat4:

I'll be turning 38
Happy 38th Birthday! :party2: You can always add a few more wishes to your bucket list since you still have many more birthdays ahead of you.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I bought my annuals and planted them this afternoon. 🌻🌺🌼 This is the longest I have ever waited to plant in May but the weather has been so crazy I was afraid to do it sooner. I still have to go back and get some smaller plants to fill in but for now it's a good start.