Meet my handsome new man

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Biomehanika

Toxoplasmosis Mind Control Slave
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haha.

Egg is a nickname for Aegon (pronounced Egg-Ohn) — why Aegon/Egg?? Lol. Because I’ve always wanted a Game of Thrones themed name for a cat but it hasn’t happened yet, my next female cat is basically already pre-named with a Game Of Thrones female name lol. I went through my mental list of male character names from the show and that’s the one that has stuck the most but there are others I kind of like too but alas they are all “kind of” like not REALLY like. Aegon is a very popular name within a certain family from the show so he wouldn’t even be named after any specific Aegon. They all have white/silver hair and are basically royalty lol. So when you have the context it’s more fitting but like… IDK if it fits him.

Yes he is soft like a bunny. I considered bunny too but it’s so girly lol.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha.

Egg is a nickname for Aegon (pronounced Egg-Ohn) — why Aegon/Egg?? Lol. Because I’ve always wanted a Game of Thrones themed name for a cat but it hasn’t happened yet, my next female cat is basically already pre-named with a Game Of Thrones female name lol. I went through my mental list of male character names from the show and that’s the one that has stuck the most but there are others I kind of like too but alas they are all “kind of” like not REALLY like. Aegon is a very popular name within a certain family from the show so he wouldn’t even be named after any specific Aegon. They all have white/silver hair and are basically royalty lol. So when you have the context it’s more fitting but like… IDK if it fits him.

Yes he is soft like a bunny. I considered bunny too but it’s so girly lol.
Ahhhh,thanks for sharing- I love hearing stories and all about why folks chose the names they do etc.....I never saw Game of Thrones so I'm pretty sure everyone else & they all
knew right away who Aegon is,ha! Now I get the nickname 'Egg"' -I don't think BB looks like an Aegon,what does he think? I always ask my cats when I think a name fits and all of mine looked up as if to say" yep,,that's it!" LOL Except Timmy- I didn't name him and he prefers Baba( or Bobby) anyway becsuse I called him Babaloo for some strange reason :dunno:and he acknowledged- hee hee

I agree Bunny is too feminine.....so what are some of the other Game of Thrones people?

Biomehanika

Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure he is an Egg/Aegon either, actually, LOGICALLY, I’m sure he isn’t because if he was I would have liked it enough to just name him it by now lol. But yeah I’m totally lost on names. It took me 2-3 months or something to name Bitsy, that was 12.5 years ago and the last cat I named (Moose kept his rescue name lol).

Other GoT names I considered were Varys, Podrick, Hodor, Viserys, Stannis, Ser Pounce, Tommen… possibly others (there are a lot of them) but no others are coming to mind this moment. The only one I liked as much as Egg from those was Varys which is kind of fitting cus Varys is a eunuch (lol) but idk how I’m gonna get any cute nicknames from Varys lol. So yeah really don’t know how I feel about any of those! Naming cats is so hard aaaaahhh. I do also like Winston. And Booger lol.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure he is an Egg/Aegon either, actually, LOGICALLY, I’m sure he isn’t because if he was I would have liked it enough to just name him it by now lol. But yeah I’m totally lost on names. It took me 2-3 months or something to name Bitsy, that was 12.5 years ago and the last cat I named (Moose kept his rescue name lol).

Other GoT names I considered were Varys, Podrick, Hodor, Viserys, Stannis, Ser Pounce, Tommen… possibly others (there are a lot of them) but no others are coming to mind this moment. The only one I liked as much as Egg from those was Varys which is kind of fitting cus Varys is a eunuch (lol) but idk how I’m gonna get any cute nicknames from Varys lol. So yeah really don’t know how I feel about any of those! Naming cats is so hard aaaaahhh. I do also like Winston. And Booger lol.
He can certainly look like a Winston ( classy name)

Ser Pounce gave me a chuckle ( SIR Pounce- lo)

No nick names with those either

Biomehanika

Adult Cat
Purraise
Loool good to know. I will continue to PONDER on Winston and others 🤣

I looked back at his old pictures last night and wow… Here he is his first day with me VS last night… what a difference a month makes. His Tom Cat cheeks that I absolutely adore are definitely shrinking, but he is still very handsome and looks much healthier overall I think. He also looks smaller to me now but I last weighed him about a week ago and his weight was the exact same as when I got him.

2BDC5D36-7555-4D99-AD1E-DAD795B220F8.png

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Loool good to know. I will continue to PONDER on Winston and others 🤣

I looked back at his old pictures last night and wow… Here he is his first day with me VS last night… what a difference a month makes. His Tom Cat cheeks that I absolutely adore are definitely shrinking, but he is still very handsome and looks much healthier overall I think. He also looks smaller to me now but I last weighed him about a week ago and his weight was the exact same as when I got him.

View attachment 477307
He's gorgeous- his coat looks smoother and healthier for sure

Oooooh that pink nose does me in!!!!!

Biomehanika

Adult Cat
Purraise
After quite a few rompings in the main part of the home, he is currently sitting by the window relaxed and is taking in the view, first time he’s sat somewhere out here to just hang out and groom himself and has truly relaxed outside of his own room!! He usually just walks around trilling and plays with Moose, and at most will sit under a chair or my computer desk lol.

He’s out here for quite a few hours a day lately, but it’s still too early to give him 24/7 roam as Bitsy is still a bit uncomfortable with his presence, but hopefully it won’t be much longer until we can do that.

Attachments

Biomehanika

Adult Cat
Purraise
Lovely to see him relaxing (and boy is that a great view out the window).
Ahahah, thank you.

We have so many birds here but for some reason they refuse to come to the feeder I’ve put up because it’s on a second floor window 😭 it’s basically falling apart and has to be taped though so maybe I’ll have better luck when I get a new one lol…. I want to give them primo CAT TV 🤣

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
After quite a few rompings in the main part of the home, he is currently sitting by the window relaxed and is taking in the view, first time he’s sat somewhere out here to just hang out and groom himself and has truly relaxed outside of his own room!! He usually just walks around trilling and plays with Moose, and at most will sit under a chair or my computer desk lol.

He’s out here for quite a few hours a day lately, but it’s still too early to give him 24/7 roam as Bitsy is still a bit uncomfortable with his presence, but hopefully it won’t be much longer until we can do that.
Fantastic- another giant step forward,he's doing so well and really,right from the start👍Such a sweet boy,great personality

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I love the first pic with the eyes half closed, as if he has reached Nirvana. I feed the birds and squirrels so that the cats have something to watch as well.