What's For Dinner? - 2024

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have tons of food in the house.. refrigerator and freezer fully stocked! Including some picture perfect organic strawberries from Trader Joes...

I am thinking, in honor of Mom's day and my mother, I may walk next door and pick up either a kid's size cheeseburger plate or a regular cheeseburger without fries. My mom absolutely loved cheeseburgers. She always got one when we went out to eat. Rarely made them at home. It is almost 30 years since she has been gone.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Instead of the cheeseburger, I got a small roast beef sandwich.
How it transpired: I was putting a placing a notice on the bulletin board on first floor. I opened up the courtyard door to see how it was in there, thinking I may practice some bocce. I saw 3 neighbors, practicing. They asked if I wanted to practice. Of course I said YES>>>
We did this for about an hour.. Then it was lunchtime. Maria asked if anyone wanted to to out for lunch. I was undecided. We played one more round, then broke up.. I was fair game for lunch.. Chet was not.. so it was just Me and Maria... Then she called me and asked if Charlie could come along-- I drove.. so we went. It was a bit of a horror show to get his walker in the trunk of my car--- with all the junk; but we did it...

I got a junior roast beef with mayo, lettuce and tomato. It was so thick, that I could only eat 1/2 of it... Worth the price. I paid for Maria's meal because it is Mother's Day.. Call me crazy...

Went to next town over... It was good. I just got a text from Maria thanking me, and telling me that she thinks I made Charlie's day... WOW....

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cool rainy day so I was willing to turn the oven on. Made two individual (rather large) macaroni ham and cheese with green peas, cream of mushroom soup thinned with milk, topped with fresh bread crumbs and dotted with butter. Baked at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until nice and hot with bread crumbs lightly browned and crispy. Thought we'd have leftover. We did not, each ate the whole thing, cleaned our plates.

3kitmom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When I was dating current husband, I said, "I fixed three meals a day for 30 years, and I don't care if I EVER fix another dinner!" He said, "Okay. I'll cook." He does. He is a terrif cook. We had shrimp cooked with spinach and feta, with balsamic glaze, topped with pine nuts.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I was running late so made avocado toast for me with a new hummus spread. I warmed up roasted chicken with rice, peas and carrots for DH. Honeycrisp apple for dessert.